Getting new cardio

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hey all,
I am a somewhat newbie, and i am thinking I need a new cardiologist. I was diagnosed with a BAV. And AA (4.2) last year. I am starting to feel bad, with a heart thumping when. I lie down constantly. My doc, just changed groups, and he has at least 3 echos results with him. He is very like able, and attentive , but I don't feel very well, now, and he wants to put me off., I can tell.

I know this seasoned group would say second opinion, right?

Tired but scared. I don't know what is coming next for me.
I have read everyone's experience with OHS. It is scary but honest and open.

Second opinion sounds like a good idea. Due to insurance changes after my surgery I had to find a new Cardio for future follow-ups. My Cardio at Mayo advised that if I need surgery in the future, not to go to just any hospital/Dr. I reviewed the hospitals on my plan and selected the highest ranked hospital and then cross referenced Cardiologists affiliated with that hospital with local top Cardiologists as listed on Castle Connolly (requires a small membership fee). I haven't even met this Dr. yet but he has excellent reviews.

Yeah, I picked my "new" cardio a few years ago based on where he had hospital privileges. It reflected well on his reputation, although I didn't end up going to a local hospital.

Yeah, I picked my "new" cardio a few years ago based on where he had hospital privileges. It reflected well on his reputation, although I didn't end up going to a local hospital. You can get a second opinion even if you decide to go back to the original doctor - so just go for it.

Yeah, I picked my "new" cardio a few years ago based on where he had hospital privileges. It reflected well on his reputation, although I didn't end up going to a local hospital. You can get a second opinion even if you decide to go back to the original doctor - so just go for it.

Latest posts

Back