Getting closer - testing scheduled

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watson524

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi all,

As some of you know, my mom is in the "living room" on a MV replacement. We had thought she'd be out to Cleveland and back recovering already but..... Anyway, got a call today from Dr. Hobbs' office that they want her out there the 15th and 16th of December for pre surgery testing (catherization and TEE). She'll also meet with Dr. Hobbs then - and I believe he'll be doing her cath. They won't schedule the surgery for the same trip due to holidays etc. I guess but that's ok, it gives her a chance to get the dental work done she needs (redo of front bottom teeth caps) and put that whole thing to bed.

She's happy to have at least something set now to move forward. And hey, they could find out that she doesn't need the surgery after all and then well... Merry Christmas to us! LOL!

Also - since Dr. Lytle is doing more administrative stuff now, Dr. Hobbs is going to review the case with Dr. Petterson with input from Dr. Lytle I guess. Looks like Dr. Petterson is getting a workout amongst folks on this forum :)

Still the valve type is the biggest question, but that'll all work itself out.

Thanks for reading.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the US folks (and a belated to our Canadian neighbors).

-michele

Michele
Indeed your Mother is closer with testing scheduled. I hope she finds comfort in the beginnings of a process. She will be in very good hands at Cleveland, hopefully all of you can enjoy the holidays while the process is engaged.

Yeah I was actually reading about that.... since it's been 2 months, I'm figuring it's not a huge emergency and they know that she will be having dental work done that is scheduled to start right before she goes out where she'll have a temporary set of caps put in the front bottom teeth (6 caps as one unit and the whole stupid thing has to come out because of a chip in one! Nutty!) but Dr. Hobbs office said it'd be good to get that sorted first anyway..... If the surgery had happened a month ago when we though, all the dental work would be done by now but..... I did tell her that we'll want to absolutely confirm they'll be ok doing a TEE with temporary caps so we'll call again on Friday or Monday about that.

Latest posts

Back