FRANCE: Transcatheter-valve registry permits "observation" of CoreValve, Sapien diffe

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXWildflower

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
FRANCE: Transcatheter-valve registry permits "observation" of CoreValve, Sapien diffe

Interesting article I thought. Apparently in France they are in trials with 2 different types of transcatheter valves. All the news is still so hopeful and Europe is so often ahead of the game.

You have to register on this site but there is no cost.

http://www.theheart.org/article/1021541.do

Thanks!-I have been wondering about the transcatheter choices in the future and in other countries,and I wouldnt have thought to check France specifically. But I may need a second re-op- though I am really hoping I don't need it soon.

Thanks!-I have been wondering about the transcatheter choices in the future and in other countries,and I wouldnt have thought to check France specifically. But I may need a second re-op- though I am really hoping I don't need it soon.

Dina, Why do you say "may" need a re-op? At your age, like me, I would think it is a given.

Kim

Dina, Why do you say "may" need a re-op? At your age, like me, I would think it is a given.

Kim

I meant sooner than I had planned on. Much sooner. It hasnt even been 2 years yet and my valve is already leaking moderately. So it has progressed from trace to moderate in 20 months.
I was really hoping to get atleast 10 years out of it as I (we) have our tricuspid valve replaced, and there is not even half the pressure in this area as the mitral valve. So we should get more mileage -or so I had hoped. Now,I just don't know, my cardio says as long as the leak doesnt continue to worsen,I should be okay for awhile.
I know we will have to face it at some point..but it is so much easier when the "someday" is further away:eek:

Hope you are doing well -Dina:)

BTW-You are right,I really didn't word that very well...maybe I have a little denial going on too!

As my surgeon said, "In Europe where there are fewer lawyers they do replacements such as this more often".
Says it all.

Dina, I don't want to keep hi-jacking this thread...I just sent you a pm about our tricuspid issues!

Kim

Latest posts

Back