forum opening page question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mile high

Hello to all,

On the opening page for the list of forums, at the bottom is a count of the number of people who are currently active in the site. It gives the total number of people active and then gives how that breaks down between members and guests.

Then when you look up at the various forums, it shows how many people are viewing that particular forum. If you add those up the total never matches the total at the bottom. I have always wondered why that is.

In addition, if you add up the members names listed at the bottom of the page that are currently active in the site, that does not equal the amount shown as current active users for members.

Just one of those things when you are an accountant you notice and wonder about.

Any answers?

Mile High

Something about being able to go invisable, i'll let someone who knows more explain:D

I believe quite a few members use the "invisible" option when they're on the forum. I'm not sure why they do, but they do. Ross has explained that even though the rest of us aren't seeing them, he is and whomever else is moderating the Forum at the time. They are counted; we just don't know they are there to count!

You can go in your user cp (above) and request to be 'invisible' . I tried it one time, tho, and all I got was a red star by my user name! I know of some who come in all the time and it never shows their names.

"Those viewing" possibly includes guests in the number.

Ross can splain but I don't see him around anywhere. He'll turn up, tho.

Latest posts

Back