For the ladies...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Nikki - would you believe that Bonnie told me she thought that's what you had? She had one once upon a time and recognized your pain but I think she didn't want to scare you and we all knew you would be going to your dr pronto anyhow. So happy to hear that you are ok and got to hospital in time as it sounds like a dangerous situation that you were in. Hope you continue to progress well - sounds like you will. God bless

You know, hensylee, as soon as I read Gisele's message about ovarian cysts I thought that must be what it was. But I never imagined it had burst and I was slowly bleeing to death internally. I thnk from now on I'll listen to myself and actually go to the ER right away instead of waiting for the doctor's office to open, no matter how much I hate the ER. I'm so glad things turned out as well as they did. I know that I am truely blessed.

I'm not feeling much pain anymore, but I've been very light headed for the last couple of days. I didn't notice it in the hospital because I was sitting in bed most of the time, but here at home I feel as if I've had a few glasses of wine and have begun to get tipsy. I had thought it might be my blood pressure, but when I took it yesterday it was high, not low. Can high blood pressure make you light headed? When I told my doc about the high blood pressure he said that I'd had quite a bit of fluid around my lungs, but it should be gone by now. However, he had me take some extra lasix anyway, just in case. The BP didn't go down, though. I'm thinking I'll call my card tomorrow.

I had hoped to be able to go back to work tomorrow, even though the surgeon suggested I stay home for two more weeks (yikes!). But after the weekend I'm seeing there is no way I'll be able to make it through a whole day of teaching, so now I don't know WHEN I'll be going back. It's truely upsetting, as it takes more work for me to NOT be there than to be there (making sub plans). But I think I have a plan that will work... If I can concentrate long enough to get it all together for the sub.

Anyway, I just thought I'd update everyone. Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers!

When you lose lots of blood you will feel weak and dizzy, I am sure. You may be anemic for awhile til your body builds back its supply. As to blood pressure, they say it's silent - but I used to mention to my mother "I feel dizzy" and she'd say - it's your blood pressure - too high. But it your readings are ok, then it's not that. Maybe just the weakness from what you have been through, but if you have questions, the one place you NEED to go is straight to the phone and call your cardio. Don't try to guess on this.

Latest posts

Back