for all those who like to read echos

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryen0

I got a copy of my echo and since i know it's very important to do a repair before the heart is damaged, i thought i would post and see what the more experienced members think.

LV - 5.7 (mild enlargement, the basal portion of the inferior wall appears to be hypokinetic, but overall function and systolic ejections fraction are considered normal)

LA - 3.7
RV - 2.7
IVS - 1.1
Aorta - 3.7
LVPW - 1.0
Ejection Fraction >50-55%

Pulmonary pressures are estimated to be in the upper limits of normal, or mildly elevated at 40-45 mmHg.

This was the echo done right after surgery, and most of it is greek to me. Especially the pulmonary pressure. But just thought i would see what some of you pros thought.

I really wasn't having any symptoms prior to surgery, other than palpitations. Which really got bad when i found out about this, so i'm almost certain that was stress related. Anywho, thanks for any help you can offer!

I'm no pro at these in any respect, so take what I say with a grain of salt. To me, my interpretation is Normal post op. 6 months to a year down the road, the LV enlargement may reverse and be nonexistent and also the pulmonary pressures may return to a more normal state.

Excess Fluid Retention can be a cause of Elevated Pulmonary Artery Pressure. That would be a good thing to discuss with your Surgeon and/or your Cardiologist.

Thanks, i'll do that at my next appointment. My cardio is hopeful that with my repair talking the strain off my heart, it should return to normal size. However, the size is not really that bad to begin with i don't think.

Back