Flying to Denver

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherbam

I will be flying into Denver, CO from Boston on Friday and was wondering if anyone had any problems adjusting to the altitude. I'm sure it isn't an issue (three replaced valves) but just checking.:confused:

Have you checked with your doctor(s) concerning traveling to high altitudes? How is your health at the present time?

I was told by one cardio that I could not go to places with high altitudes but I was suffering with severe symptoms of CHF at the time, approx. 2-months ago.

Check with your doctor & see what he says. Enjoy yourself & I hope there's no problem!

njp

I flew to Denver 3 months post-op and didn't have any problem with the altitude. However, the flight delay I had out of Dallas-Fort Worth zapped my energy reserves.

If you've had lung problems or pulmonary embolisms, you might think twice about going to Denver. A friend in S. California had 2 PE's and 1 DVT about 2 years ago. Was hospitalized, put on warfarin. Several months later, maybe 6, she had to go to Denver. She told me that she began having breathing problems on the jetbridge. She managed to get through the weekend, but hasn't been back to Denver much since then.

No issues for myself. Have been to Denver a few times since surgery. As well as Keystone, Breckenridge, Aspen. Elev. 9000 @ the base and did travel to 12,000. Drink lots of water. LOTS! You should be ok.:) PS. We have a few members that live there full time. They seem to do well.

This year I drove from San Diego to Las Vegas and passed through Flagstaff which was at elevation over 7000 ft and at a point at Grand Canyon at 7400 ft above sea level. I don't feel much difference. But I think it has to do with individual's condition. Check with your family doctor, if you go just take it easy and don't walk too fast.

The passenger cabin of the aircraft you will be flying in is normally pressurized to the air pressure equivalent of 8,000 feet. Denver sits at 5,280 feet. In my NON-MEDICAL opinion, unless you already have breathing problems, you should be OK. Now if you plan on going mountain climbing, that?s another story. :eek: :p

May God Bless,

Danny :)

Latest posts

Back