Floridan hospitals for heart surgery.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glooney34

I'm going to Shands in Gainesville for evaluation, but I live 2 1/5 hours away. I live on the West Coast, an hour north of Tampa Bay.I have ruled out Tampa General. Can't find "rated" hospitals closer. Please send some inpuut about your experiences and travelling. My wife and I are both 80. I need an AVR. Should be uncomplicated.

Cardiac Surgical Associates

Valve Clinic

Morton Plant Hospital - Morgan Heart Hospital

I was in the hospital for 5 days, discharged on a Sunday afternoon. I had a Home Health Nurse at my front door before noon on Monday to check my blood and make sure I was OK. I was operated on by Rovin & Ofenloch. Nothing but good things to say about my experience, except they left my surgical bra on too long and too tight :(

I had physical therapist and occupational therapist visits in the hospital, and PT at home.

I've also heard good things about Florida Hospital in Orlando, but only in passing, I have no experience with them.

What else?

Meredith

I traveled 5 hours to Emory. The return trip at 7 days post-op was not bad. I had expected it to be difficult, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Shands was mentioned as a possibility for my surgery and I would have been very confident to have it done there. Waiting is really the hardest part. I was full of needless anxiety. Fear of the unknown. I suppose it's just part of being human, but it is such a waste of energy. I eventually calmed down and went in for surgery pretty much at peace with it.

Florida Hospital is outstanding. My daughter just had back surgery at the campus in Orlando. They are reputed to be one of the best in the Southeast as far as the valve surgery. I had mine done in Vero Beach across from you on the east coast of Florida. My surgeon came from Florida Hospital: Carey Stowe. Excellent.

Latest posts

Back