First Visit with Surgeon

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twobike

Today I got the call that everything is a go for my office visit with the surgeon. I had a time getting all my records to them. They are sending me early in the morning for some vascular testing and blood work. Then the doctors visit , then a Ct of chest, abdomen, and pelvis. How long did you have to wait from the time you saw the surgeon until your surgery date?

Hi I first saw my surgeon on a Wednesday and saw him the following Wednesday at the doors of the operating theatre, so one week, seen him twice in the 4 days I was in hospital and haven't seen him since.

I think it depends upon how far to the future your surgeon books his calendar, and his view of the urgency of your need for surgery. Mine was "elective" in that I was ready but not in any danger, no symptoms. We met the surgeon the first time in early January (IIRC), and I didn't have surgery until late February. I'm thinking that if I was in real danger, he would have moved it up, but instead we were able to plan it when it was convenient.

Latest posts

Back