First Post- dilated aorta

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Paul. I am also in the "waiting room". My BAV was found 4 years ago. I have been monitored every 6 months since. I am now going back in Jan. for a 3 month check up. My July apt. showed some change so they did a TEE and Cath on me in Oct. I will be setting a date when I go in for my Jan. apt. It is very hard to wait but it also gives you time to do some research. Everyone here is very helpful and know what you are going through.

Hang in there and keep asking questions. You will finally get to a more relaxed feeling about things. I still have my days of anxiety but not like when I first found out. (I haven't been in tears for months!) I think you finally reach a point to where you are ready to get fixed and then take it from there. I get very tired and some dizziness, some SOB. I am a very active person and am ready to have that energy back!! You will get there!!

Good Luck!!

Welcome Paul....

My own aneurysm was at the same size yours is when they found it, and yeah...they called mine a dilatation at first :rolleyes: I think it was so as not to worry me... but after I called it an aneurysm they began to call it that too....4.89 is a tricky size to be and I sympathise with you. Especially when they are using 5.0 as their majic number for surgery, 1mm is so very small.

Being measured by CT scan by an experienced technician, I reckon you can be pretty sure that the size is accurate. Like many in the waiting-room the issue of IF the aneurysm is growing or not is a very worrying thing to live with. I couldnt cope with the worry, even though scans showed mine wasnt growing. I have a strong family history of very early heart & aneurysm deaths which hung over me like a dark cloud. I had the aneurysm fixed and my valve replaced at about 6 months after it was all discovered.

Its one huge rollercoaster ride you are going on now and there are heaps of us here to offer advice and strong shoulders to those like yourself who are new to all this... we were all once new at this too .

The cardio was insistent that it is not an aneurysm,she said it did not bulge out like an aneurysm.However I think it is an aneurysm I was just saying what the cardio told me.
Paul

Latest posts

Back