First Completed Week Back to Work!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

sylgeren

Hi Everyone. Well I got a week behind me. It was good to see all my friends at work. First 2 days were a killer, but the days got better as the week went on. Still walking at lunch time , around a mall which is right next door, then on my days off I still walk around my neighbor hood. Feeling pretty good. Still feel the back pain, especially when I assist the doctor at the chair. I take alot of little breaks. That really helps. Get a massage on fridays too. Has anyone had this back pain last along time? Or does it go away little by little? I'll keep up the news as it happens. Thanks to all. Syl:D :D :D

Hi Sylvia

Great to see that you are back at work and getting about. I've just completed my second week back at work and am feeling great. I have started to cycle 10 miles every night after work to get my fitness level back up. Hope things continue to get better for you.

Best wishes.

Finally Life is getting better

Finally Life is getting better

Hi to Everyone. Well here I am on my second completed week of work. You know it seems I never left, and that's hard to even say. Every day gets better and better. Went back to the gym again and doing very good at it. Still walking about a mile a day, but with work I have gone down a little. Going to the gym after work is plenty. Doing alot of swimming there and Tae Kwon Do. Sure is great to feel good again. Rob you wer right , the people at work forget real fast, and the next thing you know, your doing your work and someone elses too.Hey I can do it. Get tired once in awhile but it goes away. I have more energy now than ever.

Guess I didn't know how bad of an effect my valve was doing on my energy.

Well that's all for now , started horse-back riding again, so that's what I am going now. See you later!! Syl:p :D :D

Sylvia,
Wow, Tae Kwan Do, horseback riding...I'm envious! Sounds like you are getting your life back. Having had back problems in the past, I do know that there are some weight-resistance exercises that help a lot. Maybe one of the trainers at your gym can advise you. I know that using a rowing machine helped my back a lot. Hang in there, and watch out for those roundhouse kicks!

--John

Sounds like you are doing remarkably well, Sylvia. I'm not sure I could swim just yet.

I was having lots of trouble with muscle spasms in the upper back. Massage and chiropractic treatments didn't seem to help. However, the problem has resolved for the most part, now, I think primarily as a result of stretching exercises I did to try and loosen up the pectoral muscles in the upper chest so that my shoulders could start to relax and not be "hunched". Still working on that. The exercise that helped the most was to stand in a corner facing the apex of the corner, put your hands on the two walls at about shoulder height, and then learn your upper body toward the corner (gently) until you feel the stretch across the upper front. I still get some discomfort in the upper back if I am doing something that requires looking down for a long time like toward the desktop or especially if I am looking down while standing.

Granted, when at work I did do this behind closed doors in my office or in the ladies room.

It was actually best practiced in the morning (at home) to loosen up upon awakening. Again, very gently while your muscles are cold.

Back to Work and Using all the Energy!

Back to Work and Using all the Energy!

:) I just had to add another few words to my last post. I did Tae Kwon Do before my surgery and it really is more like kick boxing and Kwon Do combined. Great for getting your muscles back to normal. The swimming is good for the back and arm muscles. Mind you I am not a speed swimmer but it sure helps. And Horseback riding I have done all my life, a little scared at first to be bounced aroung but I ride Tennesse Walkers and they are real smooth to ride. That's all for now. Bye Syl:cool: :cool:

Hi Sylvia & Peachy!

Congratulations to you both! Didn't it feel good to go back to work and start feeling like your life was returning to normal? We go through all the anticipation and worry before surgery and then afterwards we're healing and trying to get our bodies back up to par. When we return to work though, we really feel like were getting our lives back. THere is still a lot of healing that will go on and like you mentioned the back pain. With exercise that too will finally start feeling better. Glad to hear you're both in such good spirits! LIFE is wonderful! :D :D Take care!

Latest posts

Back