Finishing chest cold and working out

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauratx22

Hi-

I have had only chest pressure and mucus in lower lungs all last week. Today, I did 50 min of strength while keeping heart rate at 140s...but when I got on the elliptical after I only went about 5 minutes before I got off. I've had a lot of anxiety with this chest cold because it's the first one since my heart surgery 4 months ago. Not sure if it's anxiety or real symptoms. Who has had anxiety while working out? My heart rate on the elliptical was around 130-140. Wouldn't chest pressure increase it higher?

Thanks-

Laura

Hi Laura,

I'm sorry to hear that you've got a chest cold. I usually skip all work-outs if I have any cold related symptoms below the neck!!!

I'd take it easy for now while you are sick, maybe you should see your doctor before you do any more work-outs.

About the anxiety, I had it really bad after surgery and it was also hard for me to tell if there was something actually wrong with my heart, or if it was "just" anxiety. I ended up seeing my doctor and having a stress test.

Rachel

Latest posts

Back