Finally

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creed3

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
:D
I'm getting my home testing monitor. It has been a long time coming. My first try getting one through Aetna was denied. I then tried through my new insurance and they approved it but they didn't work with QAS. My insurance company then went through another company named Raytel for my unit. I just spoke with them today and they will be sending it out tomorrow and I should get it by Friday. I am receiving test strips that should cover me until the end of the year. Then I need to get approved for additional strips for next year. They say that isn't a problem at all. Just paperwork. This is going to make life so much easier. I asked which machine I was getting and they told me the HemoSense INRatio. A nurse will be contacting me over the phone to go over the training. There is also a training dvd. I am so very excited.
Anyone else out there use the HemoSense INRatio? How do you like it and how accurate is it?

Take Care!
Gail

Finally

received my INRation machine yesterday. FedEx had a hard time getting it to me for some reason. I was supposed to have it last week. I've been trying to set up a training appointment over the phone with a Raytel nurse. We haven't been able to catch up with one another yet. I did do a test run today by using the instructions that came with the machine. My inr was 3.5
I remember some of you telling me that the machine can sometimes be off by about .3, is that .3 + or -? I guess that would put me anywhere between 3.2 and 3.8 is that right? I am so excited about having my home testing unit. I would think that it would be a good idea to get my machine tested and blood drawn together to see how they compare right?
Thanks again for all of your input.

Take Care!
Gail:D

Latest posts

Back