Finally Transplant News!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa45

I just got the phone call on my lung transplant that I have been accepted and will be listed. There is a condition that I do have to be checked to have the disease monitored every 6 months June and December and that they are going to have to do a TEE test for my Aortic Valve to keep that monitored not by my Cardiologist but theirs. This is not who did the heart cath and echo but by their Cardiologist at Baylor. I also have to have my kidney checked at the same time to check the Creatine levels to make sure that they are functioning properly.. I thought that was interesting and nice to know that I will be checked every 6 months very thoroughly on my heart and kidney for any changes. Right now I am to well to be transplanted and if I stay well for a year they may make me inactive but right now I am listed. This was great news and two years of waiting comes to an end. Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes especially you on the BB that have answered so many questions and have seen me through a lot of the medical Hell. I don't know what I would have done without you all. Thanks again..

Lisa

Hi Lisa!
That is great news. I am so glad to hear that the committee has you listed. One less thing off your shoulders right now.

Take Care!
Gail

Happy tears for you, Lisa - so glad you got on the list but hope you never need the transplant. God is good, isn't he?

I especially needed a lift today and here you are with just the right thing. Thanks for sharing.

Let me be right behind Ann, as I often am, to tell you how happy it makes me that you got listed.

It was sad to read of the death of the teenager in lcwhitney's post, but glad some are generous enough to donate organs.

I had a man working for me years back whose wife (43 years old) died while Christmas shopping, he donated her organs, but never got over being sorry he did. I was happy he did but he just mourned so deeply never believing he had done the right thing.

We wish you the best and are so happy you have this positive step up your own private mountain.

Best

Bill

That's great news Lisa! Not only being listed, but getting much needed frequent check ups too. I really hope that you don't have to have it done, but it sure is beautiful to know that if you do, it's out there ready for you. I'm elated for you and you know it!!!! :D

YIPPEE

YIPPEE

Great news, Lisa...you must be exhausted after such a long haul of uncertainty. You seem pleased with the outcome...for that I am really glad!

thank you

thank you

Thank you to everyone your all such a wonderful family. One step closer to sleeping well at night. Now, I know Ihave done all that I can do, it is in God's hands and your right God is good and God is in control. I am so happy for my husband and daughter as well as they have been through this with me all the way till the end. Thanks again and now my only question is what is a TEE test for the aortic valve on the heart?

Lisa

TEE = Trans-Esophageal Echocardiogram

They slide an echo transducer down your esophagus to image the heart chambers and valves. The images are *much* clearer than conventional echoes because the esophagus lies directly behind the heart.

You will be sedated before the procedure and if they use Versed you won't even remember it.

Last edited:
Lisa, Im so happy for you girl!! I know what a battle this has been for you. I told you it would work out for you. Hopefuly you will not need the transplant, but its great to know youre listed in case you ever do. The TEE will be a piece of cake. Ive had several and they will give you plenty of happy drugs so you wont remember a thing.

Looks like were going to Niagra Falls in the spring!! I cant wait!!
Randy and Anthony will not be able to seperate us.

Love you girl like a sister and Im so happy for you!!!!:)

Thanks on TEE

Thanks on TEE

Oh yea Versed is one of my favorites. That is what I was wondering if it was I.V. induced and if you were sedated for it. So it is just an out patient procedure than. Cool. Can't be worse than the right and left heart cath. Thanks guys we are so happy.

Hi Lisa-

I'm so happy for you in getting on that transplant list. Congratulations. There is no worse feeling than not being able to breath, so I hope that things work out fast for you. Good Bless.

Good news Lisa

Good news Lisa

The check-up 2x a year will also help ease you worries.

I only had the TEE during surgery, while out cold, it's suppose to be the best way to get a clear picture of your heart/vlaves/etc,..

Terry40

Tee and Thanks

Tee and Thanks

I am very encouraged by what I hear on the TEE. Does anyone know anyone that had one that differed from their Echo's. I always thought the EF was what to look at but from what I understand Echo's change so much that the TEE gives you a better reading. Am I to understand correctly that Moderate Aortice Valve damage can't cure or correct itself and there is no real medicinee for that? Correct me I am speaking incorrectly.

Love
Lisa

Great!

Great!

lisa, congratulations on getting on the list...its a great prognosis for your future happy life.
big love and hugs debs xxx

Godspeed!!

Godspeed!!

I had a heart transplant in late August 2001. I didn't have to wait as long as most and yet it is the waiting I found to be the most difficult to endure.
I hope your wait will not be too arduous, strenuous or difficult in any other regard.

All my very best,

/Jess

Lisa-
Good Luck to you.
I hope it all works out and that you are soon on the road to recovery!

Lisa:

May God go with you on this journey. He seems to be paving the way. That is just great news!

Marybeth

Latest posts

Back