Favorite Christmas Recipes from VR Family

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dj/utvolsfan

Maybe you guys have done this in the past, but Janea's post has me thinking ahead ....I am truely a Christmas kind of girl.....but since we are practically family and all, how nice it would be sharing our favorite Christmas recipes with each other. It might be a tad early to start, but I think the cooks among us would enjoy finding new recipes. What do you think?
Debbi

dj/utvolsfan said:
Maybe you guys have done this in the past, but Janea's post has me thinking ahead ....I am truely a Christmas kind of girl.....but since we are practically family and all, how nice it would be sharing our favorite Christmas recipes with each other. It might be a tad early to start, but I think the cooks among us would enjoy finding new recipes. What do you think?
Debbi

Count me in!

O.K., here is your first recipe:

1 bottle of Bacardi Rum
1 2 liter bottle of coke
1 glass

Fill glass 2/3 full of rum add a splash of coke. Enjoy!

Ross,your recipe is the one I use for me when I am making my favorite recipes. No wonder some of my creations aren't very creative looking when I get done.

I'm in, I'm in!!

I'm in, I'm in!!

Maybe we could even have an online Christmas party. :) A long, long time ago when the forum was much smaller we had a Halloween party. It was soooo hillarious. Everyone came into chat as a character.... like Casper, Little Red Riding Hood, etc. We really had a good time. Do any of you oldtimers remember that? :D

I remember when Saddam Hussein showed up at chat once. I also remember the first appearance of shezagirlie, and also of darnit. I have a favorite Christmas recipe somewhere or other, unless no one likes fruitcake. Found it:
GRANDMA’S FRUITCAKE

Read out loud:

1 cup water
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs
2 cups dried fruit
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup brown sugar
lemon juice
nuts
1 gallon whiskey
(Sample the whiskey to check for quality.)

Take a large bowl.
Check the whiskey again to be sure it is of the highest quality.
Pour one level cup of whiskey and drink it.
Repeat.
Turn on the electric mixer; beat one cup of butter in a large, fluffy bowl.
Add one teaspoon of sugar and beat again.
Make sure the whiskey is still OK. Cry another tup.
Turn off mixer.
Break two legs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.
Mix on the turner.
If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers, pry it loose with a drewscriver.
Sample the whiskey to check for tonsisticity.
Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who cares?
Check the whiskey again.
Now sift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.
Add one table. Spoon. Of sugar or something. Whatever you can find.
Grease the oven.
Turn the cake tin to 350 degrees.
Don't forget to beat off the turner.
Throw the bowl out of the window.
Check the whiskey again.
Go to bed.
Who the likes fruitcake anyway?

But Jim.....do you remember who I was before "Shezagirlie"..? I used my Christian name the first few years..;)

Yep Rain.....I remember the Halloween Ball...where we came in 'costumes'... I was Anna Nicole Smith...Lordy!!

Back