fats or carbohydrates? here's some info

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heyslee

heyslee

Great article for everyone to think about for diet dicisions. I, on the other hand, am doing what I can blindly. That is till I get with a dietian soon. Thanks for the info and I hope everyone takes it to heart that diet is just as important as exercise. If you eat fatty, saturated foods, you won't lose any weight anyway. So please, for those who need to, diet and be healthy. I am trying to walk everyday. Even if it is ten minutes. Thanks for listening to my rant.

Caroline
09-13-01
Aortic valve replacement
St. Jude's valve

Caroline, my neighbor got with the local hospital dietitian many years ago, and then followed that diet religiously. She had to cut out cholesterol. She lived to be 98.

I was on prednisone for several years in the 70's and the only way to lose weight was on the low carb diet. As I can actually gain weight on 900 calories a day while exercising, it has always been the only way to go for me. None of my drs have ever had a problem with it...my internist asked me if it was easy for me to stick to. It really is (plus, I take a day off every now and again to indulge in decadence). Since I am unable to walk or exercise right now, I am once again on the wagon. It would be interesting to hear how others have done on this debate. I think everyone's metabolism is different, and different things work for different people.

You know my philosophy. Eat, Drink, and Get Married.
run.gif

Latest posts

Back