Fast improvements in Echo results post AVR!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T in YVR

I am 8 weeks post op and was blown away when they showed me the results of my echo this week and told me that my left ventricle dropped from 66mm to 57mm in exactly 1 month (LVd measurement). My LV has been moderately dilated' at least since I was first diagnosed 11 mo. ago, and is now 'normal'. Additionally, all signs of fluid build up around my heart are virtually gone in 1 month's time (I had moderate percardial effusion after the surgery). What a difference a month can make...I have really started to feel normal and am seeing tangible improvements in my heart at this stage.

Anyways, for those of you with aortic regurg and an enlarged LV, my doctor put me on Coversyl 1 month after my AVR operation (at the same time I got my 1st echo (post op) when my LV was 66mm). Coversyl is part of a group of drugs called ACE inhibitors. I'm sure it has played a big role in helping my LV remodel/reshape itself a bit. It essentially helps reduce the amount of work your heart has to do. I hope it continues in this direction and stays within range after I go off the drug after 3 months. It might be something to ask your surgeon or cardiologist about if you find yourself in a similar situation to mine.

Cheers,
Tony

Latest posts

Back