Eye twitch

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarno1973

Hi Everyone,

I am 7 months post-op and have had this eye twitch for the last 2 weeks. When it first started I was afraid it was the start of a stroke. No other functions were affected and my INR was at the high end of its range so I did not panic immediately. After more than a week I went to GP who thinks it is not related to my heart or OHS. Good news as such but the twitch is still there.

I had other eye issues related to the surgery several times (burred vision etc) which is experienced by others as well. Anyone else had eye twitching problems while recovering from OHS?

Regards,

Jarno

Wow. This is going to sound really weird but I swear it's true....i am 7 months out also and my right eye has been twitching the past two weeks and driving me crazy! I have lots going on at work and I have been attributing the twitch to stress. How weird is that?!!

Hi Karla,

Did a bit of a read up on eye twitch and stress could be a factor. For me it happened on holiday though. There is also some supersticious belief that something good will happen if it is your right eye. Good for you I guess.

Anyway, I had enough and am quite bored of it. What do you say? Let's stop twitching from tomorrow?

Hope you will be fine soon!

I've had occasional twitching of one eye, both before and after OHS, so I would bet that mine is not related to the valve or surgery. I consulted my ophthalmologist (eye doc) about it. He said that it could be due to eyestrain, dry eyes, stress, or any number of things. He also said that the docs generally do not know what causes it, and have no real treatment for it. He did indicate that many patients get relief by decreasing or giving up caffeine. I tried switching from regular to decaf coffee, and it has greatly reduced my frequency of attacks. The only time I've had the twitch in the past 2 or 3 years was when I was really overdue for new glasses (I spend much of my 10+ hour work day at a computer screen). YMMV, but cutting out the caffeine helped me.

Hi Karla,

Did a bit of a read up on eye twitch and stress could be a factor. For me it happened on holiday though. There is also some supersticious belief that something good will happen if it is your right eye. Good for you I guess.

Anyway, I had enough and am quite bored of it. What do you say? Let's stop twitching from tomorrow?

Hope you will be fine soon!

I agree! As of tomorrow, no more of this foolishness! Thanks for the laugh. :)

Crazy, I'm almost 8 months PO and I too have had eye twitching in my right eye, haven't read much into it other then it gets to be annoying.

Latest posts

Back