everything on track for cervical fusion

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bvdr

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Well, I saw my PMC today and armed with my Lovenox syringes I am proceeding on track for my c-spine surgery. Tonight was my last warfarin before surgery which makes it seem more of a reality. I get my pre-op lab work, chest x-ray, EKG, and another MRI tomorrow and then I will be all set to go. I am able to walk with my cast boot without crutches (at least for a while) so it is not causing a delay in my surgery. My PMC said this is making him nervous because it seems that I'll be off any anticoagulation for over a week. It makes me a little uneasy as well but the chance of getting rid of this neck/shoulder/arm pain and hopefully regaining some strength in that arm is worth it. Prayers for a successful outcome are sure appreciated. Surgery date is Sept. 5th.

I saw my neurologist yesterday and was so happy to tell her that the double vision and some of the really weird visual and other neuro symptoms have improved ever so much since I have come off Flecainide. I can't knock the drug though since it really was effective and caused me few side effects for over 3 years. I am back to yearly neuro appointments!

Things are looking up, and I'm glad that your surgery is a go. You will be in my prayers for a successful surgery and easy recovery. You deserve a break!

you've had a long haul with this and I pray that you will finally get relief. Please keep us posted as to how you get along. Looking forward for you for pain free life. You are deserving after all this time.:)

Will put your surgery date on the calendar, Betty. Wishing you the very best and looking forward to hearing that all went well and you are pain-free!

I'll keep you close in prayer Betty. You sound very hopeful and I look forward to hearing very good news from you on the other side of this mountain.

Betty,
You will remain in my thoughts and prayers until this is over. I know it will be successful.

Betty, Glad things are on track for you to get your fusion. My 60 yo brother had a Cx fusion just about a month ago and he is doing great! He's back to work, driving and just about to start PT. The worst pain he had was in his shoulders post-op - from positioning he was told. His neck pain is SO much improved, his balance has improved, the leg trembling is gone. He is one happy camper.

I wish you the same great course he had!

Barbara

Betty - you are in my prayers and Sept. 5th is a awesome date since that is when I came into this world 45 years ago. God Speed!!

Betty

Betty

Prayers for you next Wednesday..:) Do you know how long you will be in hospital.....so we will have some type of time-frame..to see you back home and posting again.:) Bonnie

Thanks everyone. I'm expecting to only be in the hospital overnight. I had a minor glitch yesterday. I woke up yesterday and couldn't put the slightest pressure on my right leg. I went for my pre-op testing and pre-admission stuff and my lower leg was really throbbing. It wasn't near the foot fracture but on the opposite side and just under my calf. My ortho is in the same building and his on-call partner said he would take a look for me. His and my concern was possible DVT. I had an ultrasound and it showed bruising and fluid accumulation but no clot. I am ever so thankful. I'm back to icing and elevating for a few days. My poor husband! He has all this extra stuff to do and really doesn't feel very well himself. He doesn't have to spend all that much time at work anymore and is actually semi-retired so that helps but if you are praying then please include him, OK?

Prayers going out for both of you, Betty. I hope this is all soon behind you with all good results.

Betty. Wishing you the best outcome for your current ordeal. Husband's willingly sign on for life! You would be doing the same thing if the situation were reversed, so appreciate him, but don't worry. I hope his health improves right along with yours.

You will be in my thoughts on surgery day! We will look forward to a rosey report!

Best of luck!

Marguerite

Latest posts

Back