Endoscopy and Warfarin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjune1961

Hello, having endoscopy on December 23, doctor wants to go off warfarin 5-7days prior and start loveknox injections. He has to speak to my cardiologist first though. Any experience on this from all of you here? Have been sick with acid reflux really bad for a couple of weeks and have to wait over two more. Prevacid the prescription kind made me very sick and scared to take other,was given omepzaprole don't want it. Have to start lisinopril too and worried about side effects.Very panicky here.Throat hurts so bad and very hoarse. Quite drinking sodas and can't eat a lot of anything. Thanks. Carla.

I just recently had two endoscopies, one in late summer and a follow up in September. Didn't come off Coumadin either time. I don't think it's necessary, but that's just my humble opinion based on my experience.

I had an endoscopy several years ago and never came off Coumadin.
Mine was also for acid reflux and I ended up taking Nexium for some time. It cured the problem. Why does this doctor want you to go thru all of this for a simple procedure like endoscopy? It's no big deal.
Rich

I am not a doctor but coming off coumadin to have a endoscopy seems ridiculous to me. I would really question this, being off of the drug could cause more problems! Good Luck!

You may want to call other GI Doc's to see if you can find one who will do your Endoscopy w/o going off Coumadin.

IF they are going to take a biopsy, then that could be the reason for wanting to go Off Coumadin.

My GI Guy would NOT do endoscopy and colonoscopy w/o going OFF and I didn't want to switch SO, I did the Lovenox Bridging with the Lovenox Schedule designed by my AntiCoagulation Clinic's CRNP. Cardio and GI guy accepted her plan.

If you have evidence of internal bleeding, then I can understand it. If not, there is no reason to be taken off of Coumadin. Lovenox/Heparin cause far more bleeding then Coumadin could ever hope too.

Latest posts

Back