Enalapril - Ringing in Ears?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerri73

Hello all! I was curious if:

a) - any of you have been on Enalapril (ace inhibitor) and
b) - if you ever experienced ear ringing with it??

I've noticed the ear ringing for a few months now, but I'll be honest, I thought it was the new sound system in my car lol. :) However... it's just plain annoying, and seems louder at night. A lightbulb went on tonight that it started not too long after I started that med as well... could it be? When I did a search online, it did show up as a medicine that could cause tinnitus, tho tinnitus isn't listed as one of the main side effects of Enalapril... argh... :)

Thanks!
Kerri

I bet it's possible. I might try taking the medicine in the AM to see if the tinnitus is worse in the day when the medicine is at its peak...?

To answer your question, I never noticed tinnitus when I was on Enalapril - at least not any that appeared correlated.

There are many other things that can cause tinnitus that seem more likely though. For example, when I reduce my dosage of a benzodiazepine (anxiolytics like ativan or valium) I experience terrible tinnitus for weeks and even months. A friend of mine gets really bad tinnitus when he has asthma attacks. I've had tinnitus after taking opioid pain killers, too.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the input... I used to be on a beta blocker and don't remember it happening with that (atenolol)...

I may see if they can try something else to see if it will help. I can ignore it sometimes, and others I just can't!

Thanks again!
Kerri :)

Latest posts

Back