Eggless Eggs

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dina

Yesterday while making an omelette, one of the eggs had none.
I looked again in the bowl squinting...no yellow:confused:
I have never seen this,but fear I know the reasons.
I always tell my husband to buy eggs from the "free roaming"
chickens,not only because they are better but because I have
trouble imagining chickens packed like sardines in cages--I would
rather pay the extra dollar.Alas my husband did NOT buy the free-
roaming type but the cheaper ones and this is where this non-
egg came from.
Has anyone else ever seen this?
Dina

Yesterday while making an omelette, one of the eggs had none.
I looked again in the bowl squinting...no yellow:confused:
I have never seen this,but fear I know the reasons.
I always tell my husband to buy eggs from the "free roaming"
chickens,not only because they are better but because I have
trouble imagining chickens packed like sardines in cages--I would
rather pay the extra dollar.Alas my husband did NOT buy the free-
roaming type but the cheaper ones and this is where this non-
egg came from.
Has anyone else ever seen this?
Dina

I think that egg may have come from a chicken that was practicing birth control:D:rolleyes:

Cooker-Similar thoughts crossed my mind - too bad humans don't
have this ability:D

Bina-Lucky you....I live in NYC:(

You know, they are supposed to examine the eggs with some kind of light to make sure they look like they are supposed to. I once got a dozen eggs where all had a double yolk. My guess is that carton was supposed to be disposed of, and accidentally made it to the grocery store. It sure made good scrambled eggs, but imagine the cholesterol!

You know, they are supposed to examine the eggs with some kind of light to make sure they look like they are supposed to. I once got a dozen eggs where all had a double yolk. My guess is that carton was supposed to be disposed of, and accidentally made it to the grocery store. It sure made good scrambled eggs, but imagine the cholesterol!

I'll take double yolks!!! Yummo!!!

When we examine eggs with a strong light, it is called "candling".
It is the method for determining whether or not an egg is fertilized.
There is an egg warehouse in the next town and they hire people specifically to candle eggs all day.
B O R I N G

There is an egg warehouse in the next town and they hire people specifically to candle eggs all day.
B O R I N G
So , This is not an aberration...just human error?
I guess this would make me feel better about it.
I read Derrick Jensen's "A Language Older Than Words"
and don't want to see this kind of follow-thru.

Thanks from the country mouse in the city,
Dina

Thanks Bina- think of me while you are eating your double yolk
eggs from "happy' hens.
Dina:)

B O R I N G

There are days when my brain is very tired and I'm thinking of my dream jobs:

1. Working at a golf course driving the beer cart. (I'd probably get fired because I don't look good in a bikini, but then again, people might buy more beer because after 10 or 12, I'd probably look darn sexy!)

2. Being a greeter at Walmart. (I'd probably get fired because they only hire smiling faces and "Here's your @#$& cart!" probably isn't acceptable.

and the new one that I just added.....

3. Candling eggs. (I'd probably get fired because my eyes aren't that good anymore and I tend to be clumsy.)

Guess I won't quit my day job, but there are days when I dream of a nice, boring job!

Yep, even free-range chickens can lay yolk-less or shell-less eggs. The yolk can also be too large, too small, double, triple, or misshapen. One of our chickens recently laid an egg with a bend in the shell! We have a substantial number of chickens, all free-range. Free-range eggs are higher in omega-3 fatty acids and other nutients, so don't worry so much about the cholesterol. What matters most is preparation, but eggs are a very high quality protein, so enjoy! Chris says that the yolk-less or shell-less eggs are usually laid by pullets and are "practice" eggs. They usually don't have yolks if they are very small, and he calls these "wind " eggs. One of our banties laid an egg the size of a marble for her practice egg. We save some of them (they just dry up) and the kids get a kick out of them; the rest we give to the dogs. With all eggs, but especially free-range, crack them into a separate bowl first. Sometimes those hens have secretly been setting, and will roll an old egg into their nest. Just the other day, I cracked open an egg and found a 2 or 3 day embryo, and Chris gets the eggs twice a day.

Nice weather in Idaho,
-Laura

Latest posts

Back