Echo OK

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csutherland

A few weeks ago I posted about Jerry's feeling out of breath on exertion, etc. I called the cardiologist's office and they said he needed to see the PCP. We went Monday and he said Jerry's lungs sound perfect, his valve is clicking right along, etc. But he did order an echo.

Today I got a call from the nurse that the echo is good and the PCP suggests that if Jerry doesn't feel he has the stamina and breath he has had in months past he should see the card. Jerry has just decided he's old and shouldn't be so concerned. He thinks he'll just adapt by slowing down when he gets breathless. He's 66, and everyone considers him to be very active. He's retired, but still works a few days every week. He's a painter (houses, not portraits) so it's not exactly sedentary.

Would CHF show up on an echo? They were looking for pericardial effusion because of the trouble he had a few weeks after the AVR but apparently nothing showed up of that nature.

Hi Celia-

I'm sorry to hear that Jerry's not feeling up to par. There is a blood test now for CHF, it's called the BNP blood test. Ask to have that done. CHF can also show up on a chest x-ray.

At 66 years old, Jerry is not old. The doctors need to find out just what the problem is. If it is CHF, it needs to be taken care of. Trust me when I say it can decompensate pretty fast without getting help for it. Most of the time diuretics and a low sodium diet will help a lot and keep it under control, but other times it will go beyond that.

We have found that it ebbs and flows and it is a continual battle.
Joe's had it for a long time.

Hi Celia

Hi Celia

Jerry is just 3 months post-op..He needs to give it more time..Being a painter. Does that not hurt his arms and shoulders:eek: :eek: How about the fumes? Hope he feels better. Bonnie

Sorry

Sorry

Looked at his surgery date wrong..That's twice I have done that today..:eek: :eek: Oh well..Hope he feels better. Bonnie

Latest posts

Back