Echo Change For The Better

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carol

9 Months ago, my aortic valve was .8 on my Echo. I doubted this but was told by Cadio that he can only read what he sees. He showed me the Echo. I had another Echo last week with much better results..Aortic valve now 1.1. This looks much better to me.I went from severe to moderate stenosis.Is this a common thing to happen?

EF 65. Means gradient 31. Not bad numbers.I would hate to have an AVR because a Tech did not get it right.

Hi Carol,

I would suspect the valve area size which was .8 as being a bit of a dubious measurement, I'm not a doctor but it seems odd to have a gradient of 31 with a valve area size of only .8 !.

When my valve area size was just over 1 my pressure gradient was around 43 to 51 (EF was 77%), now my valve area size is .9 and my pressure gradient risen to 68 (EF 79%) (having surgery in three weeks time).

I thought mine was getting near but I guess it may be longer in the waiting room.I have not seen Cardio yet and he may have other ideas.I will see him in January.I had the echo done a little early but I have results.I will wish you a Merry Christmas and easy? Surgery year.

Ski Girl,I did not think last Mays was right.I had no symptoms.I will hope next years will even get better.I asked cardio if was MY echo because it had gone down too fast.Merry Christmas to you,also.

I have had variations in echos too. That is why another test is often done to confirm. Please note there is a subset of people who can have low gradient,severe stenosis. Dont know details, but google could provide more info.

Latest posts

Back