Early surgeries -- Cruiser L@@k, these are interesting

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Nancy, how do you find these articles? Thanks! The first one especially was interesting on the history of a surgery that means so much to all of us!

Nancy,

I think you missed your calling..lol...thank you for those excellent and informative links! You are a great source of information and comfort to everyone here.

Zipper

Nancy, good information.

Nancy, good information.

On the 3 to five minutes the brain can live without oxygen......

.... my doctor mentioned that 'we lost you there for a while.'

"A while' is a relative period of time, he wasn't specific and I didn't care to ask (or wanted to know).

Specifically, the length 'of that while' now has me wondering.

In my experience, 'I felt' having left this world, I felt death (no it didn't hurt).

Maybe that's why I've never researched this subject, maybe I still don't care to know.

God Bless all

Hi Cruiser-

For the time period that you had your surgery, I'd say that Dr. Crossett did an absolutely fantastic job on your heart. He saved your life, and no one could ever guess that you would survive this long with that original valve. He deserves high praise. He must be a genius!

So matter that you were on the other side for the moment, you're here now and you have your life back, and with good fortune , will be around for a long time.

Take care,

Latest posts

Back