Down and out in Ohio

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ALCapshaw2 said:
Glad to hear you are feeling better Gina.

Please tell us, what is Medrol and is there any interaction with Coumadin?

'AL Capshaw'
Medrol is a prednisone type corticosteroid - can be pretty wicked but it really kicks the you know what out of pericarditis. It can interact with coumadin and it can go either way reducing or increasing so testing is very important while on Medrol and related drugs. With me it usually increases the INR.

Gina, glad to see that you seem to be feeling a lot better today! So sorry you have to be going through this. Hope it heals up totally ....and you be good and don't do too much!

You take care of yourself,

Gina,
So sorry to read this and hope the meds are working and you will soon be back to life as normal- hugs and prayers coming your way.

Al:

Thanks for asking about Medrol! I had the same question but didn't want to look silly being the only one that didn't know what it is.

Gina:

Hope you're feeling better and don't get the pericarditis again!

Gina,

You are most certainly in my thoughts and prayers. You have been and are a big help to me and others. I hope you overcome this obstacle very, very, soon.

Karl

Geez...........

Geez...........

I stay offline for a couple of days and come back to read this!!! ;) I am so sorry to hear that you are in such pain, but glad to hear that the meds seem to be helping. YOu have our love and prayers. J.

I've been gone, Gina, but by now I hope you're well on your way to recovery..

Gina-

I've been so busy with everything, so haven't been able to keep up here.

I hope your pericarditis is on its way--gone. Just sorry you have to suffer this again.

Gina, I am so sorry you are having to go thru this, you are always the first one to step up to the plate and help all of us thru our troubles. Please feel better!!!! Rose

Gina,
You hold us all together-here's to your resilience; you will feel much better very soon!
Terry

Oooops...I missed your post earlier...I am glad to hear the worst seems to be over...Hope you have a lovely weekend now that you are feeling better and dont waste it by doing housework ...
((((((((((((((((gentle hugs)))))))))))))))))))

Well, I am feeling better but my tests yesterday still show some fluid so I am stuck on bed rest other than bathroom visits due to the increased lasix. My breathing is easier so the cardio is comfortable with letting me stay home. If the pain or the breathing starts getting worse again then I am off to the ER.

I think this will all be fine and a couple more days of rest will get me back to activity and work. I have no doubt all these kind posts are making things better as well.

Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts.

Signed,

Still slightly dopey in Ohio.;) :D ;)

Well, that wasn't the reply we were hoping for, but better than it might have been I guess.

Continue to take good care of yourself. I hope this means you have control of the TV remote!

gina, sending out more hugs & prayers your way. take it easy & hope you are back on your feet soon.

So sorry to hear that you are having to deal with pericarditis Gina. I hope you meds continue to kick this thing and you get better soon. Take care, Ann

Gina, I hope you're getting lots of panpering!! If that Lassix does it's job you won't be getting a lot of bedrest.

I pray you will be feeling well soon; "can't keep a good woman down":D :D :D

Latest posts

Back