Differences

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip B

I had the hospital run an INR on me today and immediately followed the hospital blood draw with a check on my brand new InRatio monitor. The difference in the results suprized me.

The hospital lab test said my INR was 3.0.

The INRatio monitor reported my INR as 2.2.

What's the deal with the difference in INR? Any thoughts? Am I really somewhere in the middle?

-Philip

Did you repeat the INRatio test? If so, what were the results?

I have always found, if there is what I consider to be a variance, that my INRatio is usually a bit higher than the lab not lower. The last comparison was 3 weeks ago and the lab was 4.1 and the INRatio was 3.9. I consider that to be equal.

I always go by my INRatio since I know how the testing was handled. With the lab, I do not know if the sample sat around, how it was handled, etc.

However, that is my opinion and should not be construed as medical advice.

I too have larger then lab readings most of the time. Philip you'll drive yourself nuts trying to compare apples and oranges. They use different reagents that will give different values to that of the machine. It's a long explaination that I am not good at. Perhaps Hemosense Brendon can add to this?

Latest posts

Back