Depression with upcoming AVR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been on 150mg of Effexor in the past. I just hate being on anything for depression. I guess that is why I dont want the mechanical valve. I dont want to be tied to a medicine forever, although I doubt I will ever come off this effexor. I have tried in the past and bam something happens and Im uping my dose again.

A woman found me yesterday on my facebook. She has my same surgeon, had the same surgery 4weeks ago, and knew about me through here. I think she is my guardian angel sent from someone who knew I needed some help.

She has helped me out tons. She actually found me on this site and then located me on my facebook.

Valerie, I can't even comprehend all you have been through in your short 29 years on this earth. Hang tough and as others have mentioned - seek counseling if you can. I know you hate to take extra medications but one thing I read and my cardio confirmed is that if you suffer from depression you really need to try and get that under control before the surgery. Once you are over the hump you can lower your dose again.

I really like someone else's suggestion to try and focus on the positive outcome and not so much on all the in between hard bits. You will be better than new again and ready for a fresh start. No one has to go through so much sorrow without some purpose for it, so you are going to come through this and that purpose will show itself to you I'll bet!

Godspeed,

Rhena

We all face the dark side of life, but I guess I look at life in a different way
My glass is half full
Your glass is half empty
My main fear before my AVR
If I die, how will my wife tell my 7 year old
4 days after op. I left Hospital
You are younger and stronger, so dont worry just think about life after your op.

Latest posts

Back