Depression after OHS?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, I am grateful for the replies and support, it has really made what I perceive to be a somewhat bleak situation so much better. Not to sound melodramatic, I do have many, many things to be thankful for. I woke up from my surgery, with a repair instead of the replacement I was prepared for. No more shortness of breath, the fatigue is better every day. Yet I just can't shake the hopeless feeling and crying jags that just appear for no reason. Since I last posted, insomnia has set in, and my heart rate has hovered in the 120's alot.

My GP sent me to a "critical stress management" therapist before starting on meds to see if they could help first. I was off the pain meds, oxycodone and a muscle relaxer, at the four week point when I resumed care of my daughter alone. I am one of "those people" who hate to take any sort of medication so I agreed. I have attended two sessions now. At the close of today's session, the therapist decided to send me back to the GP with the recommendation of starting me on a anti-axiety medication that should also help me sleep better.

Starting back to work next week, and I am utterly exhausted. This roller coaster has ceased to be entertaining at this point! : ) Taking two tylenol PM's and calling it a night.... I hope!

Latest posts

Back