Dental Question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question. I lost a filling this AM and need to get to the dentist ASAP (new experience in tooth sensitivity every time I inhale). Since the dentist is just redoing the filling and will not be digging into my gums or anything, do I really need to pre medicate?

Also, I have been recovering from pneumonia, and have been on Biaxin for the last 10 days. Would this be sufficient pre meds? I know you should normally do the amoxacillain thing, but isn't biaxin stronger?

Thanks!

This is a question for the dentist and/or cardio....they will be taking responsibility for the decision.
With that said, VR members seem to be split on this one.
I would take the 2 additional antib pills just in case of a slip of a dental tool into my gum, others would not.

I have a gum-gouging appointment with an endodontist the end of this week. I don't officially have a cardio yet after our move (will remedy soon). Anyway, it seemed to me that since I have an infection now I should take not just the usual 4 amoxicillin pills on procedure day, but a script of antibiotics leading up to and after the procedure. I asked my GP's nurse, and she said check with the endo. So I checked there and they said fine with them. So I went back to GP and they gave me the prescription. Basically, I called the shot myself. Maybe the med is unnecessary but it makes me feel a little better about the whole thing.

Run it past your Doc. Biaxin is a broad spectrum antibiotic and there should be enough in your system yet, but I ain't no professional.

Latest posts

Back