De-lurking in Houston

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhc1

I've been lurking on these forums for the last two years, since being diagnosed with an Aortic Root Aneurysm (4.5 cm) and valve regurgitation. I'm now 54, and as of Friday, leaving the "waiting room" for surgery. I meet with a cardiologist at Saint Luke's Episcopal Hospital Wednesday. Any feedback on SLEH and recommendations on surgeons would be appreciated...

Hi,
Can't help with surgeon recommendations, but I'm sure others will come on here shortly. Just want to wish you well as you leave the waiting room and begin your journey to a mended heart. I shall be thinking of you. Keep us posted. :)

thanks so much....it means a lot to have folks that have been through this before pulling for me...

Unfortunately I don't have specifics either, but if you're not already aware, Saint Luke's has been a top ten (or even top five) heart surgery center in the US for many many years...one of the best of the best. I believe Denton Cooley is still the Chief of Cardiac Surgery...and he's as well known as anyone in the profession. I think he may be in his 90s now though! Anyway, excellence usually permeates throughout places like Saint Luke's so just ask a lot of questions of your cardiologist, and you should be in very good hands. Best wishes to you...

Lived in Houston for years, now with AVR looming for me, I truly regret moving out of state. You should be in good hands at St. Lukes.

Latest posts

Back