Date set

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maisiejane

Hi all,
Just wanted to keep you informed, I got the call today and I am having my surgery on 6th Jan 2014, I go for my Pre op on Friday so should find out details. What is comforting is my fellow forum buddy Paleogirl is having hers on the same day, different Hospitals, but it feels reassuring that we are going through it together ;)
Deb x

Hi Debbie - such an amazing coincidence and, yes, very comforting and reassuring that we are both having surgery on the same day, going through the same thing together not that far apart really.

Just think, the two Brit girls on the forum having their OHS on exactly the same day ! Pity we aren't in the same hospital !

Looking forward to hearing about your Pre-op - you're ahead of me on that (the 30th for me).

Anne x

Wanted to wish you the very best good fortune with your surgery on January 6. You sound ready for this.

Hi Mbeard,
Didn't think I would be but yes I am ready now, have waited nearly 8 years from being diagnosed, constantly wondering if and when so bring it on !
Deb

Hi Debbie - such an amazing coincidence and, yes, very comforting and reassuring that we are both having surgery on the same day, going through the same thing together not that far apart really.

Just think, the two Brit girls on the forum having their OHS on exactly the same day ! Pity we aren't in the same hospital !

Looking forward to hearing about your Pre-op - you're ahead of me on that (the 30th for me).

Anne x

Hi Anne,
Will give you all the details. this place is brilliant in bringing people together, feels good to know that I am not alone, Thank you xx

You both are not alone anyway, we all will be waiting to hear from you on the other side. Are you both going with mechanical or tissue? Good luck to the both of you, you will be in my prayers.

Went into waiting room August 2013

Went into waiting room August 2013

Maisiejane,

I was just diagnosed with bicuspid valve and aortic aneurysm 4.2, 4.5. This was in Mobile after a vacation in Jackson Hole Wyoming, thinking it was altitude sickness. But I knew something wasn't right. Then I went to Houston for a second opinion.

Now "watchfully waiting and watching",

Waiting and watching is hard, so I have a lot of admiration for someone who has done this for 8 years.

Hi Mbeard,
Didn't think I would be but yes I am ready now, have waited nearly 8 years from being diagnosed, constantly wondering if and when so bring it on !
Deb

You both are not alone anyway, we all will be waiting to hear from you on the other side. Are you both going with mechanical or tissue? Good luck to the both of you, you will be in my prayers.

Hi, we are both having tissue valves, I know on my part the decision of valve choice has been the most difficult decisions of the whole process, but decision made and I feel very settled with it. I thank you for your prayers x

Maisiejane,

I was just diagnosed with bicuspid valve and aortic aneurysm 4.2, 4.5. This was in Mobile after a vacation in Jackson Hole Wyoming, thinking it was altitude sickness. But I knew something wasn't right. Then I went to Houston for a second opinion.

Now "watchfully waiting and watching",

Waiting and watching is hard, so I have a lot of admiration for someone who has done this for 8 years.

Hi, others on the forum have watched and waited for longer than I have, but it feels the hardest part, I must admit to feeling a little elated and for the first time in ages I feel calm. Good luck in your journey and if I can help you with any advice I will be more than willing to share my limited knowledge.
Deb

Deb and Anne,

What a coincidence - same day for the "Brit Girls" - I'll be thinking of you both on January 6 and looking forward to hearing from both of you afterwards!

In the meantime stay well, keep a positive attitude and enjoy the holidays!

Rachel

This! and here I am, just a silly Yank. :[

Best of luck to both of you, ladies! You're going to do great!! I wish you a great surgery and a grand recovery, brace yourselves the first time they get you out of the bed though.

hehe

Thanks Kozmo, wouldn't be the same without our friends over the water, we are one big family.
Deb x

Go Girls.!
What a way to start the New Year.
Will be waiting to hear from you after the big day as long as the Isle of Man has not been blown away.!!!
Adrienne xxx:cool:

Deb and Anne, this Southern guy on the other side of the pond will be sending you both good vibes, best thoughts, and prayers on the 6th. Looking forward to hearing (and expecting) good news from both of you.:D

Deb and Anne, this Southern guy on the other side of the pond will be sending you both good vibes, best thoughts, and prayers on the 6th. Looking forward to hearing (and expecting) good news from both of you.:D

Thanks SB, have a lovely Christmas and hopefully a very prosperous new year
Deb xxx

Latest posts

Back