Darvocet Pulled From Store Shelves As It Causes Arhythmias as a side effect.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harrybaby666

Hi All, I know I haven't been on here much, but I just wanted to let you all know, in case you take Darvocet for pain, that it has been pulled from the shelves as it causes irregular heart rhythms....I was on this for a very long time and I am wondering if my A Fib was the result of this med.....Here's the link: http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/19/darvon-darvocet-to-be-pulled/

Hope this helps yall....Harrybaby:frown2::frown2::redface2:

Yer Welcome.....I am a bit worried because I WAS on Darvocet For A LONG time and I am now wondering if my A-Fib was/is at least aggravated by the Darvocet...

Your welcome......I am really worried about this, because as I do recall when I was on Darvocet for pain, I really was having a lot of flip flops with my heart....it felt like someone was flipping my heart over with an egg spatula.....and since I have been off of it, I still have the A-Fib, but NO WHERE NEAR what I was going through while on Darvocet....I will be looking into this...Harrybaby

Yeah, I'll be keeping an eye out too, as I was on both Darvon and Darvocette some 40 years ago. Who knows how long they'll look back.

I saw this yesterday, and have some pills left from surgery I need to dispose of in my sharps container....Dang, it, Hydrocodone messes up my stomach and my head. What on earth am I gonna use for pain when I have to have my ICD replaced in 4 years.
Drat, Drat, Drat.

Frankly, this only reinforces my decision to not use the new airport scanners, or the new anticoagulants - if something thought safe for 20 plus years can be found dangerous, I'm not being anyone's guinea pig.
Which reminds me, yesterday's paper says Pfizer's new anticoagulant in trials (not yet approved, methinks) got stopped - too much bleeding in patients. I forget which trial drug that was.

I
Frankly, this only reinforces my decision to not use the new airport scanners, or the new anticoagulants - if something thought safe for 20 plus years can be found dangerous, I'm not being anyone's guinea pig.
Which reminds me, yesterday's paper says Pfizer's new anticoagulant in trials (not yet approved, methinks) got stopped - too much bleeding in patients. I forget which trial drug that was.

I so agree.....I am worried and wondering if my being on Darvocet for so long for chronic pain could have CAUSED or at the very minimum AGGRIVATED my A Fib....:(

Oh I have been doing ok NN......I did NOT have the Colon resection surgery that I was supposed to have as the surgeon at Dartmouth Hitchcock Hospital told me I am too sick to have the surgery, so I am dealing with the diverticulitis as best as I can.....How have you been doing? I will be going down to Mass General Hospital on January 5th to see the pulmonologist again....

Thanks, Harry, for the info. Seems like it's pretty much a toss-up with our meds whether they help us more than they hurt us! :frown2:

I agree..completely......If I find out that these pills have either started the A-Fib or they have put me in a dangerous position...I am not going to be happy.....I have enough to worry about just keeping my self alive to begin with....

meds often make us sick, don't they. I am about to post a question about Levaquin and its side effects. Seems to be a nasty but strong and perhaps helpful antibiotic.

I saw this yesterday, and have some pills left from surgery I need to dispose of in my sharps container....Dang, it, Hydrocodone messes up my stomach and my head. What on earth am I gonna use for pain when I have to have my ICD replaced in 4 years.
Drat, Drat, Drat.

Me, too,Laurie. I'm facing AVR in January. All the other strong painkillers make me feel yucky in the tummy. What to do?

Latest posts

Back