Dad's Heart Issues/Need Prayers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Continuing to send prayers for good results for your Dad.

No sense second-guessing on a previous valve replacement. You just move ahead, go with what you've got, look forward....best wishes....

I'm glad your Dad has his pacemaker and that went relatively well. I'll keep him in my prayers for the cath/stent procedure.

I'm NOT a doctor, but I'm still don't understand why he needs to be on plavix for the stent since he is already on coumadin and aspirin, have they said why that wouldn't provide enough coverage with out the plavix?

Thanks for the prayers.

Lynn, apparently the coumadin and plavix work differently. Without the plavix, there is risk of a blood clot due to the stent...I did ask the doctor if the coumadin & aspirin were enough and was told that it wasn't.

Thanks for the prayers.

Lynn, apparently the coumadin and plavix work differently. Without the plavix, there is risk of a blood clot due to the stent...I did ask the doctor if the coumadin & aspirin were enough and was told that it wasn't.

Interesting, Things change and it's a different place, larger stent but Justin had 2 stents (over lapping) put in his pulm artery in 2000 and just needed aspirin.

Thanks for the prayers.

I'm not an expert, but if you ask me, they have him way over anticoagulated. If it's short term with Plavix, then ok, but I highly question it if it's continued.

Thanks for the prayers everyone. Dad had the angiogram on Friday and ended up having 2 stents placed. He resumed coumadin that night and will be coming home in a few days when his INR is in range. His hematoma from the pacemaker surgery is also healing well. He's been in the hospital for almost the entire month of November so we are very thankful that he will be home soon. We have a lot of celebrating to do since he was in the hospital on his 65th birthday and for Thanksgiving! Thanks again for the prayers!! :)

Great news all the way around. I'm glad he will be home soon. and hopefully both the pacemaker AND stents will make him feel better have more energy than he has had for years.

Latest posts

Back