Cycling

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip B

After hitting eight weeks post-op on May 28th I took a shot at a longer distance bicycle ride this weekend. My wife isn't crazy about bicycling, but decided to accompany me on what was planned to be an eighteen mile ride.

We were six miles out when her bicycle began to develop front shifter problems and figured we should turn around. She made another two miles before the shifter died and dropped her into gear ranges that prevented her from continuing. This left me with four miles to go to reach our vehicle. I cranked out the remaining four miles on a mostly uphill track in less than twenty minutes.

Overall, even though we didn't reach our objective, it wasn't a bad outing. I didn't even feel winded. It felt a lot better than my workouts on the stationary bike at rehab and my short rides around town. After a stint in the hot tub tonight with a glass of wine maybe my leg muscles will feel as good as my ticker.

-Philip

Congrats on the excellent recvovery! Four miles uphill in fewer than 20 minutes, 8 weeks post op?!? That's very respectable, and you no doubt have more recovering to do yet. Just wait a few mor months and see what you're capable of.

Back