Counting Down

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatieD

I'm closing in on my surgery. Sure seems like it's taking a long time. Today I tied up loose ends at work and hope that I got everything done I needed to.

It's pretty strange, dealing with the hospital about registration and insurance stuff, all long distance and in advance. I'm set to meet with Dr. Ryan on Monday around 11 or 11:30 in between his surgeries.

My 9 year old twins (boy & girl) are terribly excited. My sister, MaryC, has a boy and girl who are only a few years older. I have presented it as a vacation to my two and they will get to spend time with their cousins and have fun while I'm in the hospital. Yesterday they found out they will get to be alone at times with their cousins without adult supervision. They nearly fell out of their chairs! You mean, we'll be HOME ALONE?! They were both thrilled!

They're doing their best to continue to show their concern and sadness about me having surgery, but can't contain their excitement over the trip to Dallas. I'm glad to let them have their vacation and not have to worry about them immediately after my surgery. I can't thank my sister enough for helping make it a non-traumatic experience for them.

My brother, who had mitral valve replacement in September 2006, is going to try and make it to Dallas for my surgery. He travels with his job and was on a jobsite in Ohio, but was traveling to Kansas when I talked to him yesterday. He and my sister will be on the flip side this time as they wait for me to "get to the other side".

you are nearly there at the bottom of the mountain climb. You sound so upbeat and isn't it wonderful that you won't worry about the children at all. You can concentrate on getting it done and then recuperate. We'll be waiting to hear how it goes and wishing you the best, with prayers. GODSPEED!

Sounds like you have it all under control, Katie. We will be watching and waiting for all good news. Godspeed!

Put on your hiking boots!

Put on your hiking boots!

Katie--You'll in my thoughts and lots of prayers will be sent your way. Getting to the "bottom of the mountain" is the hard part. You'll have plenty of butterflies in your tummy as Tuesday gets closer. I'm so glad to hear you'll have family and your twins nearby, even though you're going out of town. Take that first step and climb climb climb. You'll be on the other side before you know it!

Katie,

Like the others have written, the waiting is the most challenging.

Lucky or unlucky for me, I had a pretty urgent push to get the surgery post-diagnosis. My aortic valve was in reallllly bad shape. Still, those seven weeks were amuck in anxiety.

All the best to you,

Adam

Katie,

My thoughts and prayers are coming your way! I agree, the waiting is the hardest part! Soon you'll be over the mountain! Meet you on the other side! GODSPEED!

Sherri or KatieD - Hoping all goes well for you! I sure don't envy your week but hopefully you're going to feel much better very soon! Post again when you can and take care.

good luck and godspeed!

good luck and godspeed!

here's the bottom line. YOU WILL BE FINE! JUST BREATHE, and make sure to realize that every single breath you take is a gift. you're going to do great!:)

Latest posts

Back