Countdown: 7 days

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UWMike

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I initially signed up to this forum a few months ago when it was decided that my AVR would be going ahead. After reading a few online articles that scared the be-jeezus out of me and then finding much more comforting information on this forum, I passively decided that the best way to avoid the inevitable anxiety was to just not think about it (it sounds simpler than it really is). By the same token I ended up avoiding this forum as well but now I'm back, because my operation is set for October 4th at noon and the anxiety is slowly creeping back in. Lol.

I will be getting the St. Jude Medical valve. Hopefully this is as uneventful as possible. See you on the other side...

I initially signed up to this forum a few months ago when it was decided that my AVR would be going ahead. After reading a few online articles that scared the be-jeezus out of me and then finding much more comforting information on this forum, I passively decided that the best way to avoid the inevitable anxiety was to just not think about it (it sounds simpler than it really is). By the same token I ended up avoiding this forum as well but now I'm back, because my operation is set for October 4th at noon and the anxiety is slowly creeping back in. Lol.

I will be getting the St. Jude Medical valve. Hopefully this is as uneventful as possible. See you on the other side...

Hopefully we'll "see" you a few more times before the 4th, Mike. :wink2:Try to enjoy the week. Have some fun, eat some good meals. It will make the week go quicker.:smile2:

Mike (and Cherie),
I haven't been around as much because memories are fading, but I do remember two things that helped close to surgery:
1) the thought "all I have to do is show up"
2) making plans for something I'd enjoy doing several months after surgery

I hope you both get to that peaceful acceptance as your date approaches, and that everything goes smoothly for your surgery and recovery!

Best wishes,

Debby

Latest posts

Back