Coumadin and Propecia ???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctyguy

I've seen my hair loss continue since I've been on Coumadin and am looking for ways to stop or reverse the process. I have a Homer Simpson shaped noggin and going bald is going to be a very bad look for me ! I can't see myself going the surgical route, I've heard too many horror stories. I took Propecia about 8 years ago but stopped after a few months due to cost. Im in a position now where I can better afford it but Im unsure of how it interacts with Coumadin. Are there any guys out there on both ? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I can't help about the drugs but I can say that I, and the women that I know, really don't care a fig as to whether a man is losing or has lost their hair, the person beneath the skin is what matters so much more than a physical appearance. If I were a man I really wouldn't want to take a drug for such a natural process.

No interactions were found for the drugs you selected.
You searched for interactions between the following drugs :

Coumadin Tablets
Propecia Tablets

On a side note, my oldest son is 29 and is pretty much bald on top already. For him, that is somewhat of a blessing. He used to have the grunge look and it's actually nice to see him without that look.

Dayton:

That's a new one -- that warfarin can change your hair color! :D

Scott:

Two reasons to deal with excessive alopecia: sunburn and increased risk of skin cancer. Well, a 3rd one is staying warm in the winter. ;)

One of the ministers at our church went bald very early. He later dealt with skin cancer on his scalp and had to start wearing hairpieces and/or hats.

A college friend was severely burned as an infant during a house fire; one arm and leg were burned, as well as the side of her face & scalp. In her mid-20s, Susan decided to have hair replacement surgery on the burned scalp, partly for cosmetic reasons, partly for skin cancer protection. They took little plugs toward the back of her neck and implanted them in the scarred area. She underwent a number of surgeries to get it done. The results looked very nice. She was told the scar tissue from burns is more susceptible to sunburn and skin cancer.

I have to agree with Sue that if you're doing it for the ladies, don't bother. A balding noggin is a sign of extra testosterone and we like that. My sweetie is pretty bald and I like it that way. Embrace it and even shave your head-- the Mr. Clean look is very hip.

I have to agree with Sue that if you're doing it for the ladies, don't bother. A balding noggin is a sign of extra testosterone and we like that. My sweetie is pretty bald and I like it that way. Embrace it and even shave your head-- the Mr. Clean look is very hip.

*Lurking-Taking Notes*

No interactions were found for the drugs you selected.
You searched for interactions between the following drugs :

Coumadin Tablets
Propecia Tablets

On a side note, my oldest son is 29 and is pretty much bald on top already. For him, that is somewhat of a blessing. He used to have the grunge look and it's actually nice to see him without that look.
What? You don't like the grunge look..but its so easy to maintain:p

Ctyguy-Good luck with the med if you decide to take it--its not really how others see you,its how you view yourself,i think-Dina

My wife thinks I just fine the way I am. Actually we discussed me shaving my head and she is all jazzed up to do the honors. First she said she wanted to do a reverse mohawk, then she said a landing strip. She is such a brat. I haven't made up my mind yet, trying to find more info on the success rate for guys in the 40s and 50s first. If it actually grows hair I might give it a try. But odds are Im gonna let the wife have her way with me :)

My wife thinks I just fine the way I am. Actually we discussed me shaving my head and she is all jazzed up to do the honors. First she said she wanted to do a reverse mohawk, then she said a landing strip. She is such a brat. I haven't made up my mind yet, trying to find more info on the success rate for guys in the 40s and 50s first. If it actually grows hair I might give it a try. But odds are Im gonna let the wife have her way with me :)

Why is that with women? My wife couldn't wait to shave all my hair off when I told my boys that if they had theirs shaved off, I would too. She got this wild gleam in her eyes as she walked to get the clippers. :eek:

Back