Coreg CR + Amlodopine

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dg_moore

I have been struggling with BP meds since my AVR on 7/26/13. I'm working closely with my cardiologist, and we have been adjusting dosages and medications, but so far everything we have tried makes me feel drugged (dizzy and nauseated) to the point of being practically non-functioning. I'm currently on 40 mg Coreg CR in the AM and 10 mg Amlodipine in the evening. We have tried other medications with basically the same results, and my BP is not well controlled (which I don't understand, since it was OK pre-surgery). It's good that I am retired, because there's no way I could perform a job feeling this lousy. We had great, if modest, retirement plans, but they are all on hold until I feel halfway decent, if that day ever comes.

Has anybody else had similar struggles with BP meds?

Last edited:
I have not. However, I have sleep apnea. My GP told me that sleep apnea can lead to problems in controlling blood pressure and this is a relatively new link. Do you have sleep apnea or any of the symptoms? If you live with someone who can hear you sleep, they can generally help you find out.

My wife has lots to say about my sleeping, but apnea is not among her complaints.

Latest posts

Back