Cooler's Throwdown Friday III ... 11-4-11

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings ... It was all I could do to start the thread this week (I will try and weigh tomorrow) ... fighting bronchitis, on antibiotics, working more than I should and eating more than I should ...

I hope you have had a better week ... I was chatting with a Throwdown member who questioned the sanity of trying to lose during the holiday season ... I agree but I need to at least be aware and not gain another 10 or 20 pounds ....

If you need an example not to follow, I volunteer :tongue2: .... Have a great week!!

Sprint To 11-11-11 Starting Weight: 207.5
Last week: 218.0
This Week: 220.5
Race Stats: +13

Last edited:
Hi Everyone

Preliminary weigh in before official tomorrow:

193 lb, a 13 lb loss for the race

Another loss is possible, despite 14 small leftover holloween candy bars last nite, maybe it hasn't converted to exess pounds yet...

Bob

Superbob sends best get-well wishes to The Chimp. Looks like the Race to 11-11-11 is about wrapped up unless someone makes a Cardinals-like miraculous dash to catch CanoeBob. ;) It's been a nice little event, and Superbob will celebrate on 11-11-11 nonetheless.;) And then the next morning he will take part in the Walk to End Alzheimers at the magnificent Broadway at the Beach. Two miles -- SB guesses he can hobble through that even if he has to use his new cane (strange-looking though it may be for a superhero.) :D

As for the next event...I agree about the strain of trying to lose through these particular holidays. But I do think there is value in continuing to check in. Here's an idea. Instead of a race to lose, how about a Challenge to Maintain? Goal: to stay as close to our 11-11-11 weights as possible through New Year's? Winners will be those who stay within a 5 pound up or down range from their starting weight. Or is that too generous? How about within 2 pounds, up or down? (If someone can lose more, of course, that will deserve special credit.) With something like this, we all have a shot at being winners and earning a toast with a nice hot toddy:biggrin2:.

The Holiday Challenge to Maintain -- whaddya think?:thumbup:

Superbob sends best get-well wishes to The Chimp. Looks like the Race to 11-11-11 is about wrapped up unless someone makes a Cardinals-like miraculous dash to catch CanoeBob. ;) It's been a nice little event, and Superbob will celebrate on 11-11-11 nonetheless.;) And then the next morning he will take part in the Walk to End Alzheimers at the magnificent Broadway at the Beach. Two miles -- SB guesses he can hobble through that even if he has to use his new cane (strange-looking though it may be for a superhero.) :D

As for the next event...I agree about the strain of trying to lose through these particular holidays. But I do think there is value in continuing to check in. Here's an idea. Instead of a race to lose, how about a Challenge to Maintain? Goal: to stay as close to our 11-11-11 weights as possible through New Year's? Winners will be those who stay within a 5 pound up or down range from their starting weight. Or is that too generous? How about within 2 pounds, up or down? (If someone can lose more, of course, that will deserve special credit.) With something like this, we all have a shot at being winners and earning a toast with a nice hot toddy:biggrin2:.

The Holiday Challengse to Maintain sounds like a great idea. Count me in Superman ! :)

Chimp- Hope you feel better.

Canoebob- You kicked our butt big time. :thumbup:

I will weigh in tomorrow.

I weigh 184.6 this week. That's a loss of 2.5 for the week. Up .2 for the race. Improvement!

Cooker, hope you get well soon. That, of course, is more important than losing weight.

Maintaining is a realistic goal between now and Christmas/New Years. I really won't have a big problem this year. I don't anticipate any big shindigs. We have all but quit attending our Sunday School potlucks and such. We'll see.

Cindy's weight is 150.3, which is down .7 this week. I'll have to research how much she has lost for the race. Like most of us, not much.

Good going CanoeBob!

I haven't weighed today, but two days ago I was up 2 pounds. I will not be making a miraculous comeback like my favorite baseball team, so CanoeBob can rest easy.:wink2:
I'm in agreement about trying to maintain over the holidays, but I would like to shoot for the 2 pound goal. All in favor say "aye"?:tongue2:

I haven't weighed today, but two days ago I was up 2 pounds. I will not be making a miraculous comeback like my favorite baseball team, so CanoeBob can rest easy.:wink2:
I'm in agreement about trying to maintain over the holidays, but I would like to shoot for the 2 pound goal. All in favor say "aye"?:tongue2:

Not fair! Big boys can gain 2 pounds simply by eating plum pudding with Christmas dinner! :eek2: Big boys need more leeway for maintenance than 2 pounds. :D

Aye.
I think that's all I'm doing anyway, maintaining, despite trying very hard to lose an ounce here or there.
I WI tomorrow.

I agree with SB, big boys need more room to expand and contract:tongue2: .... If the girls want a +/-2 pound swing then the guys could go with a +/-20 pound swing .... after all, we will be eating all the food the girlies don't eat in order to maintain their "impossible to achieve" 2 pound swing ... just my vote....:tongue2:

I agree with SB, big boys need more room to expand and contract:tongue2: .... If the girls want a +/-2 pound swing then the guys could go with a +/-20 pound swing .... after all, we will be eating all the food the girlies don't eat in order to maintain their "impossible to achieve" 2 pound swing ... just my vote....:tongue2:

As usual, The Chimp tells it like it is.:thumbup: After all, didn't the big boys give the girlies an advantage of several pounds in one of our races because they supposedly have a harder time losing weight? The flip side of the coin is that big boys gain weight more easily -- therefore they should have a bigger holiday maintenance allowance. So there.:D

I have updated my starting post with yet another gain ... nothing to say, no excuses ... what bothers me the most is my lack of disgust and concern for letting myself gain so much so fast.... Party On:thumbup:

Hi Everyone

todays weigh in

Throwdown starting wt - 206 lb
Last week -198
This week -195
Weekly loss 3 lb
Loss for race 11

I would gratefully participate in a race to maintain, that way the "competion" attitude would get a rest, I can get used to being at this weight and I'll chill out! It's hard looking in the mirror and seeing ribs and muscule ya know! I almost think I have to wear a baseball hat sideways, talk like I'm from "in the hood", listen to rap music and put on outrageous boxer shorts to effectivly wear my pants way below my waist which is where they want to stay these days. I often wonder whether those who wear their pants with the crotch at knee level permantly effect their walking gait...maybe I'll find out! YO Baby!

I almost thought yesterday that I might have caught the chimps ailment but nope, the crud went away. Me thinks I'm in the middle of a RA flareup as my wrists are really bad the past few days. Antibodies are released to fight what my body thinks is a cold which brings on all kinds of body aches. The weight loss this week may be attributed to my body defense mechanisms.

Yesterday I was 193, today I'm 195...yes range for maintaining weight should be 5lb. or more ... but more would lead to an overindulgance I'm sure.

anyway enough for now, typing is a pain.

Bob

Winners will be those who stay within a 5 pound up or down range from their starting weight. Or is that too generous? How about within 2 pounds, up or down?

Ok, so who proposed the 2 pound range in the first place??????? Don't give me grief about the big boys needing more leeway. You get five pounds and you will take it and more!:eek2:
Two pounds is enough for boys and girls both. Now be "big boys" and quit yer bitchin!:mad2::cool2:

Ok, so who proposed the 2 pound range in the first place??????? Don't give me grief about the big boys needing more leeway. You get five pounds and you will take it and more!:eek2:
Two pounds is enough for boys and girls both. Now be "big boys" and quit yer bitchin!:mad2::cool2:

We used to have a "Ref" but now we have a "Grinch." (sigh) :tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

Okay, 2 pounds is a good goal, but when the oyster dressing comes around a second time, and the pecan pie, Superbob will be in danger of going over limit. :eek2::D

Well good luck to everyone on maintaining through the holidays. If I can weigh in January 2012 what I weigh today without a gain I would be one happy camper.
I have a 5 lb lost this week but this is week one of trying to change my eating ways and as you all know I'm the queen of yo yo when it comes to weight.
Have a great weekend everyone. It was cold here this morning 45 but a beautiful day

Latest posts

Back