Cookers Weigh In---Throw Down 9-03-07

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally my scales have decided to move in a downwards direction...considering that I made Brownies for the kids lunchboxes I am quite pleased. I only treated myself to a few of the crunchy bits that spilled over the edge of the tray, then quickly called the kids in to fight over the rest. Usually I would have had to "taste-test" a few Brownies.

My loss isnt huge but it put a smile on my face...
1lb...0.5kg this week....it all counts and at least it isnt a gain.

Congrats to all our Losers ..I am glad to see that most of us are still allowing ourselves small treats. Karlynn, those sweet potato fries sound really yummy, and easy to cook. I am gonna have to try those with Dinner.

Bob...I hope you have managed to avoid those chips and dip...what a hard one to say NO to...put it in the trash quick.

That's what I do, I throw stuff away. Actually, unless the garbage is being picked up right away, I grind it up in the garbage disposal. I have been known to go into the kitchen trash to pick out a brownie I threw away. WOW does that make me sound desperate. I told you - it's just like crack to me!

Weekends are always sabotage days. Holiday weekend this weekend. Wedding next weekend. Then our annual houseboat trip with friends, where all we do is sit around and eat!!!!!

Okie Dokie.....Starting Weight 183
Last Week 179
Today 179 :( (oh well, at least no gain) loss -4 total
I have to keep going because I am NOT buying bigger clothes! Deb

Oops!

Oops!

I forgot to post I'm 142.5 this morning.

Bad little ol' me is sitting here eating chocolate covered gummie bears!:eek:

Starting weight 179
Last week 176
Today's weight 174
Total loss 5
This week's loss 2

I forgot to weigh this morning, but I weighed yesterday after 7 hours of cleaning the garage. It was quite a work out as I worked non-stop except for water breaks. I removed 2 x 4's with nails in them and everything hanging from them and installed Gladiator gear track and re-hung everything, which was fairly rigorous work for me--mostly overhead. At any rate, at least a pound of my loss was likely water weight, but I'm claiming it anyway! :D

OK folks here we go,

Starting weight - 212
last weeks weight - 212

and today???

212 :rolleyes:

My workout regime was severely truncated last week, I only ran twice for a total of 10k and only rode 3 times with an average ride being 12 miles. Oh well, this week will be short as well. Planned exercise for this week includes two 5k runs, one ride of 22 miles and two 20 mile rides with a couple of days of hill repeats thrown in. I am getting ready for a 12 hour endurance mountain bike race in a couple of weeks. I was supposed to be doing a 6 hour next week but just haven't been training enough.

Congratulations to all the LOSERS! :D

Karlynn, those sweet potato fries sound yummy. They're on tomorrow night's dinner menu for sure--sweet potatoes are one of precious few things my whole family eats.

I do something similar with regular potatoes and fresh rosemary that's also excellent.

3 lbs. potatoes (peeled or just scrubbed) and diced (fry shaped would work too)
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil (more flavor with EVOO)
2 Tbls. finely chopped fresh rosemary

Shake up ingredients in ziploc bag, spread on Pam-sprayed cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until tender. Switch oven to broil and place pan about 5 inches from broiler and cook another 7 minutes.

They come out nice and crunchy--very satisfying.

Second Weigh In - 1 Day Late!

Second Weigh In - 1 Day Late!

Original Weight: 200 lbs
Todays Weight: 185 lbs
Total Weight Lost: 15 lbs

Goal: 140 lbs
To Go: 45 lbs

Thank you Bonnie for the reminder!!

Karlynn said:
I'll weigh nekkid after I take a shower to wash off!

Yo' keep a typin' like thet yo' gonna git Ross all wawked up agin! :eek:

Fum all this hyar nekkid weigh in stuff, ah done come up wif a fine idea fo' th' February show down:

A THROW DOWN WEIGH-IN! :eek: :p ;) :cool:

Heck ah bet thet'd even git Ross t'pack his bags!! :D

Bubba :)

Bubba

Bubba

Excuse me..but when did I become a Nightmare?:mad: :( ;) ..Who have you dreamed about lately?:p Bonnie..

Granbonny said:
Excuse me..but when did I become a Nightmare?:mad: :( ;) ..Who have you dreamed about lately?:p Bonnie..

ah allus dream about mah darlin' sweet lovely wife-----SHE MADE ME TYPE THAT!

Yo' c'd nevah be a nightmare darlin'!

Course ah's wo'rin' about whut ELSE Mary was a dreamin'!

RobHol said:
Bubba,

Get you some scales, and join all us nekkid folks. We'uns is having a fun time! (More fun than you can have with clothes on.)

:D :D :D

Shucks, ah doesn't be hankerin' t'participate in this hyar throw down.

Ennyhow, when yo' gotta bend on over t'read them scales yo' KNOW yo' got a long way t'go.:eek: :eek: As a matter of fack, ah bet SKINNY FOLKS designed them flore scales in th' fust place!!:mad:

When ah git nekkid, ah got other thin's on mah mind beside WEIGHING!:p :p :p

Sorry, Danny. I'm just gonna kinda skip over you here.

Guess a beer weighs a half a pound. 'cause I had one yesterday (and I hate beer....just trying to be polite at the neighbor's barbecue) and was careful otherwise and I gained back a half pound! :p

Nah. I've been a slouch all last week and so this week I'm starting anew.

Kashi and soy milk for breakfast. Grilled chicken salad with no dressing. Snack of 10 raw skin-on almonds. Next snack very small bowl of honeynut cheerios and soy milk (hey, those are oats for lowering cholesterol!!) and dinner.....well.....dinner.....a chicken casserole with wine and olive oil and spices and lots of garlic.

Walked 2 miles. Can't tomorrow. Painters coming. Will exercise inside. When I can't get out to do my usual, I try to do a 10 or 15 minute stint of something. Just to keep my body remembering that we are working on it!!! Like I'll just do some leg lifts, or some jumping jacks, or some small weight lifting. Something, anything...just as long as it's every weekday. I just don't do weekends. Someday. Just not now.

So.

Starting weight 189
Current weight 187
gained back .5 pound from last week. Next week will be better!!

:) Marguerite

I did pretty well yesterday. Salad for lunch, chicken sandwich for dinner (I didn't even finish all the fries on the plate, amazingly!). Today I had cereal for breakfast and some leftover pasta for lunch. I guess this whole reducing portions thing is working because I was full after eating half of what I brought (I originally packed it for hubby, but he didn't eat it and there was nothing else in the fridge) and have the other half for tomorrow! Tonight we're having salad. Hope all this salad doesn't wreak havoc with my INR... ;)

OK Folks,
Here you go, I see lots of you have trouble getting in the old workouts. As a result of this I am officially launching my new business.

David's Exercise Credits.

Here is how it works, you pay me for the type of exercise you want and I go do it.

Here is the price list:
2 miles cross country riding = $5.00
10 minutes hill repeats (bike) = $10.00
5k Trail run = $15.00
30 minute downhill runs (bike) = $20.00
Upper body workout = $30.00

You can choose multiple of an activity or mix and match to get your perfect workout. I will even include a picture and photoshop you into it, that is an extra $10.00 though.

:D :D :D

Just did 30 hard, sweaty minutes on my exercise bike down here in the basement. Since the scenery is not nearly as magnificent as on your workouts, my rate is $100 per session. :p :p :)

When the weather cools and I get back to mountain hikes with my trusty retriever, I may provide pix and lower my rates. :D :D :D

Latest posts

Back