Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 9-28

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cooker said:
I jump started with a week and a half of low to no carb. This may or may be for you. Now I am just cutting WAY back.
Typical day:

Breakfast: fruit
Lunch: soup and fruit.
Dinner: salad, soup and a small portion of protein.

Good luck!!

Thanks Cooker. Can't argue with success!! You have done incredibly well and are doing a good job keeping the troops together in this weight loss battle.

Thanks for the ammo.

Carbs are my enemy and I've come to the realization that I really need to get down to business on cutting way down on them. That bag of pink M & M's that I bought for Breast Cancer research are way too big a temptation. I don't have much, but they keep the cravings up. I really need to go cold turkey for a week or two.

Bob - congrats on only gaining 2 in your big week!!!! Who knows, you may find that you have a fairly good loss in the next week or two because of it.

Wise - I read the frustration in your post that I'm feeling. We CAN do this - like you said - we really do know what we have to do.

I'm throwing out the bag of M & M's.:(

Karlynn said:
Carbs are my enemy and I've come to the realization that I really need to get down to business on cutting way down on them. That bag of pink M & M's that I bought for Breast Cancer research are way too big a temptation. I don't have much, but they keep the cravings up. I really need to go cold turkey for a week or two.

Bob - congrats on only gaining 2 in your big week!!!! Who knows, you may find that you have a fairly good loss in the next week or two because of it.

Wise - I read the frustration in your post that I'm feeling. We CAN do this - like you said - we really do know what we have to do.

I'm throwing out the bag of M & M's.:(

Throw south, real hard:D :D :D :D :D

I just want to say that I think EVERYBODY is doing great because we are all thinking and trying and determined and we keep coming back to this silly Throw Down. Silly or not.....it is HELPING!!! Great going Cooker!!!! Great idea!

I am back up one pound. BUT, again, I don't really care because I have had my second "perfect" (well, for me) week of walk/Curves 4 times a week and bowling on Wednesdays. So even if the scale says 186, I feel somewhat tighter and better. I am lucky to be a homemaker and can carve out these exercise times. I also have friends here in town who are pushing me along and being great cheerleaders.

LIFE IS GOOD!! (and a new hairstyle helped, too!! :p )

Have a great weekend, everyone. The rain has finally arrived after a long, dry, glorious, another day in paradise kind of summer. I love the rain and grey days, though, so it's fine with me.

International night, eh Cooker? Sounds yummy. Last weekend we went to a German restaruant and I had grilled salmon with just a thin dribble of horseradish-dill-cream sauce. They served it over a bed of cubed roasted sweet potatoes and beets. It was delicious. And half of it was my lunch the next day. when you look at your plate, decide which half goes home with you and then don't cheat. That way....eating out is no big deal.

ta-ta!! :D Marguerite

Marguerite53 said:
I just want to say that I think EVERYBODY is doing great because we are all thinking and trying and determined and we keep coming back to this silly Throw Down. Silly or not.....it is HELPING!!! Great going Cooker!!!! Great idea!.........
I am so pleased we are in this together!!! Power in numbers for sure.........I think that I may have challenged someone on weight loss but my buddy RobHol started the first "throw down" thread. I simply took the ball and ran with it......as you all did. Thanks for being here and I wish everyone a successful week of living their new lifestyle!!!!!

As the song says................" I'm Just A Singer In A Rockin-Roll Band":cool:

Marguerite - I think your pound is muscle from the week of exercise! Good work!

Keep up the great work guys.
You are all doing so well.
Before you know it, everyone you know won't recognize you because of all the mussels you have.
Keep it up
:cool:

Well, I lost a half pound this week. I'm still headed in the right direction so I won't complain. :) Keep up the good fight, people, and thanks for keeping me accountable!

My stats:

Starting weight: 179
Current weight: 167
Total Loss: -12
This week -.5

As mentioned in an earlier post the Friday weigh in has been tough for me.:eek: It seems like after weighing Friday morning I am off to the races until Monday.:mad: Well, this week is going to be different!!! :D I am a manager at a car dealership and we always have lunch catered in on Saturday for the staff. As you can imagine it is not diet friendly. Sales people, mechanics, detailers aren?t going for that!!!:eek: So today I packed my lunch of soup and fruit. Tonight will be a no crust vegetable quiche and salad. I did pig out last night at the near by Japanese Steakhouse (after all Friday is International Date Night, if you did not go on a date with your sweetie shame on you). But this week it is right back on track!!:)

Have a great weekend and enjoy the ones you love.

I think yesterday was my "Mulligan." We had "pay day pig out" at work, which meant that people brought all kinds of delicious food to share: chili, soups, salads, deserts... If I could have stuck to just eating a bit of salad and one bowl of soup it would have been fine... But I had to try a little of each, didn't I? :confused: And last night DH decided he wanted to grill brats and I made potato salad... Again, would have been fine if I'd limited my portions. I ate 1.5 brats (with buns) and even though I only ate a few bites of potato salad at the table, I did have to "test" it several times while making it. And of course, it's hard to resist adult beverages when you're eating brats and potato salad!

Today I am trying to be better. I had ONE brat (leftovers) and a SMALL portion of potato salad and a large water. Even though I really wanted to go back for more, I didn't. Tonight we're going out to dinner with family. Once I figure out where we're going, I plan to get online to look at the menu so I can make my wise decision before I arrive and not be tempted by the smells and sights around me... Wish me luck! I want to see improvements like I did a week ago!

Did we ever decide how often the mulligan can be used??? (And Niki, if I'm making home-made potato salad, you better believe I'm going to eat it!!!)

Maybe 1/month, or 1 ever 2 months?

Not that we're going to keep track of every one else, but maybe a way we can keep track of ourselves?

Uh-oh! I just found out we're going to El Fenix (a Mexican restaurant). Which means there will be chips and salsa on the table. God help me, what are they trying to do to me?! :eek: I think I may need to have DH handcuff my hands to my chair until my meal arrives, then promptly put them back afterwards. Chips and salsa really are my worst enemy! They taste SOOO good. Any advice?

Gnusgal said:
Uh-oh! I just found out we're going to El Fenix (a Mexican restaurant). Which means there will be chips and salsa on the table. God help me, what are they trying to do to me?! :eek: I think I may need to have DH handcuff my hands to my chair until my meal arrives, then promptly put them back afterwards. Chips and salsa really are my worst enemy! They taste SOOO good. Any advice?
I am not trying to sabotage you but there are worst things to eat?..salsa is fat free?..stop by the store and pick up some baked tortilla chips and dip away:D OLE!!:D

Rob and Cooker, you're SO helpful. :rolleyes: ;)

I'm aware that the salsa itself isn't totally bad for me. But it IS high in sodium and those darn fried chips they serve at El Fenix (and BOY are they fried!) are not helpful at all. Maybe I'll attempt to only eat salsa on tortillas... At least it wouldn't be fried? ;) At home I have chips that I buy that are no sodium and not too terrible for me (they aren't baked, though) and I get the lowest sodium salsa I can find. I keep trying to find a good recipe so I can make low sodium salsa myself, but I haven't figured it out just yet. Chips and salsa are my snack of choice when I get home from work and know that DH won't be home from work for several hours. At least I know I'm getting my veggies! ;)

OK, since this fiasco has started I have lost 1 pound. That is still the case.

no loss, no gain... again.:rolleyes:

20 pounds cooker!...that is one helluva mighty effort there...congrats!

Marguerite...I congratulate you on meeting your own goal of doing curves etc for the whole week...I hope to be able to emulate your drive and get my bootie exercising that often as well.

The warmer weather we have been blessed with is making me ditch my long sleeves and bare some skin...hopefully I will be able to exercise a little bit more often in an effort to flatten my tummy and trim down the thunder-thighs.

Now my highlight for the week...I got 1 inch taller :D . We were measuring the kids height this morning and I decided to join in and I measured at 5 foot 8 inches...I know you are 'sposed to measure height in the morning 'cos we shrink during the day but I didnt ever think it would account for a whole inch! I feel quite silly to be so happy about being an inch taller :p .:eek: .... it makes me a little bit thinner on the BMI chart too! Mostly I'm just stoked to be taller!

Latest posts

Back