Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 6-20

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I have now eaten so much of it, I feel almost sick, which I guess isn't surprising since being a type 2 I am really not supposed to eat much cake at all, unless made with Splenda, and the bakeries don't do that. And now for the day I have my daughter's 3 dogs to take care of; that's in addition to my son's 2 (well, okay Sadie is mine, but was originally my son's). Sometimes I think my children should have gone into the kennel business, but I guess they figure I am the kennelmaster. Never mind that the kennelmaster has a knee that must need reconstruction because therapy is doing zilch for it. Sorry, feeling rather depressed this morning and needed somewhere to vent.

Vent away!!...hey....package up the pooh and send it home with the pups:D....they might try a diff "kennel":rolleyes::D

Help! Isn't it a proven scientific fact that if you eat a delicacy such as a buttercream batter birthday cake in just small slice increments (albeit many of them), the total caloric consumption is far less than if you had eaten that same amount in one large chunk? Superbob is having the small slices with his morning coffee, and it's a large cup requiring many small slices to reach the desired symbiosis of java and cake. :p:)
SB - the technical term is "Whittle Cake". Do you recall my mention of it a few weeks ago. It is a proven scientific fact that the caloric value of whittled pieces, when added together making up a whole piece, are 1/25 of that of the entire whole piece eaten at once.

Don't forget to take into account the aerobic value of the dunking action. ;)

SB - the technical term is "Whittle Cake". Do you recall my mention of it a few weeks ago. It is a proven scientific fact that the caloric value of whittled pieces, when added together making up a whole piece, are 1/25 of that of the entire whole piece eaten at once.

Good! -- Because I have now whittled the cake down to one remaining slice, which I am reserving for DW. So I have eaten my way out of this Throw Down dilemma thanks to the Whittle Rule of 1/25. :rolleyes::p

I always believed that there are no calories consumed unless its actually
put on a plate :rolleyes:

Crud...sorry I have been MIA-I have been really busy lately, and we leave for vacation today-food city!:rolleyes: We are going to MT Rushmore...anyway...
Restart weight 176
todays weight 168
-8 since restart
The cool thing is that I have been wearing shorts I could not wear last summer! Great job everyone-esp Cindy and Wise! Deb

Hey, Karlynn, I tried the Wii Fit today (at MIL's house). I LOVED it! :D I want one now... Too bad they're so hard to find. :(

But I have managed to do the exercises from the National Body Challenge site every day for the last three... I'm sore! ;) But unfortunately I haven't been AS good at sticking to the diet plan. Should be easier on week nights. Weekends are hard when you get together with family (which always involves eating out at least once!).

Oh, we also booked our vacation today! We'll be going to Disney (once again) July 14-18. I'm looking forward to it, but know I'll eat way more than I should. Of course, with so much walking, surely it evens out, right? :cool: Unless I end up getting the swollen feet I got last time and wind up using a wheelchair because it hurts to even stand on them. I am HOPING that won't happen this time. I'm on a diuretic now, where I wasn't then. :rolleyes:

I wish I had known about this "cake rule"...:rolleyes:

meanwhile I found this idea while looking for somethingelse...might prove useful on weigh-in days...LOL...

meanwhile I found this idea while looking for somethingelse...might prove useful on weigh-in days...LOL...

Gee that looks like me jumping off and on the scale. I never thought of using balloons though. I ate fruit today but would rather have cake.:D
Earline

Love it....pass the balloons please......ditching the nicotine gum has had a HUGE impact on my appetite:D:D:D......worth it....and hey, I walked tonight....first time in months...3 miles...kicked my ass but it felt good:D

Niki, I'm glad you got a chance to try the Wii Fit. It's fun! I also realized that you have a future weight-loss plan you're working on. When you become a Mommy you won't have time to eat! (Or go to the bathroom, or shower, or comb your hair! :D)

Jeannie Checking in here...

Jeannie Checking in here...

I have been on WW for 12 weeks now. At weigh-in last night, I was down 2.6 lbs, for a total of 25.4 lbs gone! Another 20 sticks of butter! :D That means I got another gold star for my bookmark and a charm for my key chain that is shaped like a 25 lb weight. I haven't actually gotten the key chain yet, but with any luck I'll have that next week.

You get the key chain when you lose 10% of your body weight. I need to lose another .6 lbs to get that. Even though I hadn't planned on divulging my starting weight, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that I was up above the 260 mark! I shudder even typing that. I'm so glad I got started on this weight loss journey when I did, I still weigh a lot...but at least I feel like I'm doing something about it.

My challenges are going to come with the upcoming weekend. We will be camping with a group from church. That should be fun, but I'm sure I'll have to have at least one "S'more", and who knows what other temptations will come along. The other challenge will be Sunday evening when my family is throwning me a "surprise" birthday party. Do they really expect me to be surprised?? I had no idea I was turning 50 this year!:rolleyes: However, it does make me feel better knowing all the "cake rules".

My plan is to get in as much walking as I can the next three days, and then while camping, go for walks and do a few laps in the swimming pool. There is another lady camping with us who is one of my WW buddies too which should help. Also, while I've lost these 25 lbs, my husband Ray has lost 30+ too. He's not officially doing WW, but is coming along for the ride. We are trying to plan some "lite" meals for the weekend. Does anyone have any great ideas??

Jeannie,

Congratulations on your weight loss this week. Great job! Only .6 to the key chain! Woo hoo!

Like you said, in other words, it's not important where we start, but that we're moving toward our goals. I commend you on being able to talk about your weight; that means it isn't controlling you, but now you have become its master.

From Cindy: I could have been where you are, needing to lose 100 lbs. I needed to lose 50 from start weight. I feel like I understand how you feel. I also know the HOPE you feel when you finally get started! It's such a good feeling knowing you're doing what you can to improve your health, your self image and your physical image.

Wise & Cindy

Great job Jeannie!!!
......WW is a great program.....I am inching toward being back on plan......DW is still sticking with it but the Chimp has hit the skids this week:rolleyes::eek:

Great job Jeannie!!!
......WW is a great program.....I am inching toward being back on plan......DW is still sticking with it but the Chimp has hit the skids this week:rolleyes::eek:

Yeah, well I'll skid with you. I'm up a pound and a half after vacation and not looking forward to a WW weigh in.:(

The vacation mulligan is worth 5 pounds?.so you are 3.5 pounds to the good the way ChimpBoy sees it:D:D:D

Superbob has never seen such a blatant case of sucking up to The Ref. :eek: He is shocked, shocked, mind you. Where's the even-handed accountability? What is the Throw Down coming to? What next -- some sort of "cake rules" to minimize caloric impact? :p:p:p

Superbob has never seen such a blatant case of sucking up to The Ref. :eek: He is shocked, shocked, mind you. Where's the even-handed accountability? What is the Throw Down coming to? What next -- some sort of "cake rules" to minimize caloric impact? :p:p:p

LMAOx2??you kill me:D?..and anyway?.did you see that set of legs down on the gulf coast?????:D:cool:;)

Hey hey hey - those Whittle Cake rules are real - and my Mom said so. :D

I had heard a smacking sound, then came on here to find that the Chimp has been puckering up his Chimp lips for the Ref. Does she know what you got away with when she was on vacation?????

Hey hey hey - those Whittle Cake rules are real - and my Mom said so. :D

I had heard a smacking sound, then came on here to find that the Chimp has been puckering up his Chimp lips for the Ref. Does she know what you got away with when she was on vacation?????

ChimpBoy knows a hottie when he sees one:D??I may just have to woo her with my ways:cool:?..a little tree swinging impresses the ladies every time:p

Back