Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 12-7

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cindy, I also find that drinking a lot of water really helps me. Just wish I wasn't running around so much so I could do that!!!

You guys are doing great!!!:) I am holding the same -7. An ice storm is headed this way all weekend:( :( :( I hope I don't chow wow wow!!! Deb

Believe it or not, the body gets used to consuming that much water and after a week or two, you aren't rushing to the bathroom as much. But boy oh boy that first week!!!!!!!!

One time after I had just started trying to drink a lot more water Glenn asked if I wanted to go to a movie (He never wants to go to a movie.) I told him I couldn't because I'd be up every 10 minutes "taking a walk".:eek:

RobHol said:
Urgh! I prefer Coors lite or unsweetened ice tea to all that water. :p

Better make it decaffeinated if you're going to be drinking all that ice tea!:D

I've been good so far today. I just got back from a 25 minute walk around the neighborhood (the way back is slightly uphill and so much harder!). And now I'm having myself some Cheerios with 2% milk (I used to drink skim, before I got married. But Nathan won't go lower than 2%). Last night I had a spinach salad with grilled salmon on top. Very tasty, and healthy! :D Now if I can figure out where to take my dad and his wife for lunch that will be healthy (either that or go to the grocery store before they get here in an hour!), then I believe I will have had a really good day. I do have plans to go out with friends tonight, but I seem to make better choices in the evening if I've started my day out right. If I mess up from the start, it seems to just go downhill even farther!

Gnusgal said:
....... If I mess up from the start, it seems to just go downhill even farther!

Niki?..sorry you have the same problem as I do. As long as I am on track I stay on track. But once I jump the curb I am done.:( I ordered pizza for the dealership today and have had none.:D I brought an assortment of fruit and veggies and have been snacking on those but the pizza pie is calling my name so I thought I would post in hopes that it will have the effect of a good ?self-talking to???..I have a meeting tonight and they always have candy out so I am preparing myself for that?. But I feel ?thinner? today and I like the way that feels?..they say that ?nothing taste as good as being thin feels???I don?t know who ?they? are but I know that?s not always true with me.:eek:

Well, my dad and his wife decided we would eat Asian food. It wasn't that good (just a little stand in the food court at the mall). I wanted to do sandwiches or salad, but didn't get a say. I did make sure to get steamed veggies, and steamed rice. The teriyaki chicken was probably the only "bad" thing I ate and at least it was not fried (like the sesame chicken that looked so good). Oh, well. At least it wasn't completely bad. Tonight we're going out with friends to a Mexican restaurant. Those chips and salsa are going to be hard to resist! But I will try my best (don't start taking bets, though ;) ). Hubby and I usually share a meal at this restaurant, so I'll make sure he gets the bigger "half" ;) ! Afterwards we're going bowling, so at least I'll work it off! :D

Good luck resisting the pizza! Just don't do like I did the other day and eat half a large pizza on your own (and still want more)! :eek:

SUPERBOB had a big portion of white bean chili last night and this afternoon he worked in the yard so hard that he is all sweaty here at the puter. With the combination of these two cleansing events, SUPERBOB is ready to move the weigh-in back to Monday, post haste. :p :p :p

RobHol said:
SUPERBOB had a big portion of white bean chili last night and this afternoon he worked in the yard so hard that he is all sweaty here at the puter. With the combination of these two cleansing events, SUPERBOB is ready to move the weigh-in back to Monday, post haste. :p :p :p

WBC sounds like it might be skating the edge of being a banned substance:confused: :p

Bina said:
Hey, chimp boy.....you are not allowed to implicate any substance for the banning process.
Just you wait until Mary comes back!!!;)

As co-founder of this thread and recovering fat-arse, you would be suprised at how much pull I have:p :p And I ain't skeered of the Ref ( I pay her off in Christmas goodies);) :p

RobHol said:

Have to say, I find Superbob refering to himself in the 3rd person to be very disturbing, yet highly hilarious!!!!!

Karlynn has a Christmas party to go to tonight, catered by one of the best tidbit makers in the area. But Karlynn's band is also playing at the party as a favor to Karlynn and her band's friends, so she should be able to burn up some of the tidbit calories.

Karlynn is now exhausted from thinking of herself in the 3rd person.:D

In the interest of securing Truth, Justice, and the American Way, SUPERBOB never wearies of the burden of speaking in the third person. (He has a first-person presence, too -- "mild-mannered reporter" -- but he assumes that Throw Downers want a Superhero available to rescue them from calorie-laden temptations. :p ;)

Now, it is SUPERBOB's opinion that even three-alarm Texas chili does not approach the level of toxicity of Prune Juice, but he is willing to abide by whatever ruling the Ref may make. :)

You guys crack me up! :D I love it!

Yes, Bina, I'm afraid the sodium train is fast approaching and about to run me right over. ;) However, when you're getting together with people who don't have sodium restrictions (ie: everyone else in the world!), it's hard to avoid it. And we have plans to go out with friends tomorrow night as well! Ack! I can't wait for the FDA to enforce the lower sodium requirements. Maybe I can go out to eat once in a while without swelling to balloon size. :D I had suggested coming to our house, but no one seemed interested in that option. :(

Back