Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 12-7

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My granddaughter told me today she wants me to grow a beard for Christmas AND put back on the weight I've lost. :eek: She doesn't want SUPERBOB, she wants SANTA. :rolleyes:
Well, I will grow the beard (and it will be nice and gray) but she will have to be happy with a pillow stuffed in my shirt for her Santa tummy. :)

Whew! That was tough, but I think I succeeded. I went to the restaurant knowing what I would order (didn't even open the menu), put half of it into a to-go box before I even started eating, and only had one small lettuce wrap (I didn't order them, I swear!) and one bite each of my hubby's beef and friend's chicken (just to taste them). Even though I probably ate more than I needed to, I ate far less than I would have had I not been making an effort. All in all, a good night! :D

RobHol said:
SUPERBOB is soon off to see the Wizard. Will be back for Friday weigh-in, probably heavier. You folks are on your own. No help from Cape Boy this week in fighting off temptations...:eek:

AARRGGHH!!!!:mad:

RobHol said:
SUPERBOB is soon off to see the Wizard. Will be back for Friday weigh-in, probably heavier. You folks are on your own. No help from Cape Boy this week in fighting off temptations...:eek:

It is obvious to me that the super powers are badly needed.......the diet storm has come ashore:( and surge is taking it's toll:eek:

I tried one of the recipes on Lowsodiumcooking.com today. I did the meatloaf. Only 130 mg of sodium per serving! :D And I had "no salt added" green beans as the side. Cooker, if you like meatloaf, I would suggest trying it. It didn't taste low sodium at all!

I also made some low sodium foccacia rolls (32 mg) so I can make sandwiches with the leftovers. And tomorrow we'll be having low sodium (24 mg) black bean soup. It takes a bit more effort, but it still tastes great! :D

The storm has hit the Chicago area - I'm not looking forward to Friday.:(

Karlynn said:
The storm has hit the Chicago area(

Dang! That means we'll be getting it tomorrow in the east. We never lost the ice from the previous Sunday, never got warm enough to melt it, then we got more ice this Sunday and I was hoping it would melt off today so I could get back out to run regularly. I've only been able to run 15 miles in the last two weeks.

Karlynn said:
The storm has hit the Chicago area - I'm not looking forward to Friday.:(

It's getting stormy here also....the strong winds have been causing beached diet syndrome at my house...the diet is currently weak and its pulse is barely perceptible. :eek:

Karlynn said:
I'll help you push the Beached Diet back into the ocean!!!!!!!

We could have a Beached Diet send off/Christmas party complete with eggnog and hors d'oeuvres.

Cindy says she is still treading water (la ti da). As far as I'm concerned that could be phrased "walking on water."

Signed,
Me & Jesus

It is 80 degrees here!!!!! I should be walking and on the diet train but NO!!!!:eek: :eek: I have been eating everything in sight!!!:mad: I don?t know why?.just eating. Any suggestion?:confused: SuperBob is needed badly!!! His super powers transcend the net through his typing fingers.:D I have come to far to fail now!!!!!:eek: Help!!!!!!!

The problem with holiday season overindulgence is that it feeds on itself to coin a pun. Once you eat too much in one situation then your will is weakened and your body tells you to go get more. More food causes more cravings especially sweets. The insulin response is a huge force.

That's also why after you've stayed on a diet for a few weeks the cravings subside. Your system only expects to get as much as it's been getting lately. So, go overboard and your gut tells you to do it again.

Now, somebody chime in here with what to do about it would ya? I'm in the same sinking boat.

SumoRunner said:
The problem with holiday season overindulgence is that it feeds on itself to coin a pun. Once you eat too much in one situation then your will is weakened and your body tells you to go get more. More food causes more cravings especially sweets. The insulin response is a huge force.

That's also why after you've stayed on a diet for a few weeks the cravings subside. Your system only expects to get as much as it's been getting lately. So, go overboard and your gut tells you to do it again.

Now, somebody chime in here with what to do about it would ya? I'm in the same sinking boat.

Brother, if we had the answer to that question we could all retire:D

Cooker..Are you saying that you know you have gained weight since last Friday's weigh-in?(By stepping on the scales?)..:D If so and if it is a big gain..then time to step back..get back on track..Now......Eat a light breakfast and take your lunch to work...or..are you eating Xmas goodies...Maybe drinking more water during the day.....We all look up to you..for support..if you slide, we slide.:eek: yes, warm days here too..Mary is fine..just chatted with her a few hours ago..but she has gloomy weather..Fog/rainy..no ice........Bonnie

Granbonny said:
Cooker..Are you saying that you know you have gained weight since last Friday's weigh-in?(By stepping on the scales?)..:D If so and if it is a big gain..then time to step back..get back on track..Now......Eat a light breakfast and take your lunch to work...or..are you eating Xmas goodies...Maybe drinking more water during the day.....We all look up to you..for support..if you slide, we slide.:eek: yes, warm days here too..Mary is fine..just chatted with her a few hours ago..but she has gloomy weather..Fog/rainy..no ice........Bonnie

I have not had the nerve to get on the scales!!!!! We are in this together!!! I feel that I have gained.....how much I don't know.....and yes Christmas goodies are a factor:eek: :eek: :eek:

Cooker

Cooker

I think you need to get on the scales.You don't have to tell.:p I just think you need a handle on how much you have gained..you may be surprised..Maybe nothing?.Maybe a pound..We will all have this nice weather until this weekend..when it is suppose to cool off again..My kids/grands are coming so I will get my exercise cleaning house.(Upstairs, sheets, ect).....Xmas goodies. I walked past our famous Georgia Claxton Fruitcake stand in Grocery store... ALMOST bought the smaller one...but said to myself. NO....If I had bought it..I would have eaten the entire thing..:eek: ..so just say No Thank You.. to those ladies handing you their plate of Xmas goodies.:p Stay Strong for the rest of us..:D Bonnie

It sure is hard to turn away the Holiday treats! I had a friend at work trying to offer me sugar cookies. Without looking up from my computer I said, "No thank you, I'm trying to watch what I eat." And then she proceeded to BEG me to take one ("Oh, come on. Just one?")! :eek: With friends like that who needs enemies? ;) I almost caved. But I held strong. Even though every time I passed by the Gingerbread houses the students have made (and are displayed on the tops of my library shelves!) the smell nearly drove me wild! :eek: And I'm not a sweets person. But sugar cookies sure are good!!! :p I made it through one day. Let's see if I can make it through the next. One day at a time, right losers? :D

I don't know why I have been on such an eating tear.....but it happens. The car business is treacherous this time of year:eek: All the vendors that we do do business with bring cakes, cookies, subs.....you name it. The food is there at you finger tips 10 hours a day.....it's hard.. But I have determined in my heart to start anew tomorrow....I may be up on Friday but I WILL be down next week!!!!!! Losers unite!!!

Back