Cooker's Throwdown Friday IV .... 9-16-11

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, I know what damage meds can do to the waistline. I thought I would check in and see how everyone was doing. Steroids, Lyrica and high dose Prilosec/Nexium did a real number on me. The good news for me is that I'm now off them and the weight is slowly coming off. I'm still on a restricted diet since the Fundoplication for reflux. It is almost three weeks so I'll soon be able to eat Fruits and salads again. I really miss them.

Wise, sorry about your sugar levels. It is good to catch that so early though.
Super bob, what's up with using the metric system? You are making me work to figure out your weight!

Thanks Betty and good to see you post ... we all have various struggles and mine seem to increase as I age but God is good and I'm trying to embrace the aging process (not doing to good:rolleyes2:) ...

Superbob has gone metric just to watch TheChimp scratch his head:tongue2: ....

My friend Bill is home and doing well ... he hates to walk so his wife has her work cut out for her ...

Tom, I know what damage meds can do to the waistline. I thought I would check in and see how everyone was doing. Steroids, Lyrica and high dose Prilosec/Nexium did a real number on me. The good news for me is that I'm now off them and the weight is slowly coming off. I'm still on a restricted diet since the Fundoplication for reflux. It is almost three weeks so I'll soon be able to eat Fruits and salads again. I really miss them.

Wise, sorry about your sugar levels. It is good to catch that so early though.
Super bob, what's up with using the metric system? You are making me work to figure out your weight!

Hi Betty, great to see you back on the Throwdown. Glad you are through a rough patch with meds and can soon have salads and fruit again.

Cooker has it about right: The Man of Steel strives to be a man of mystery, always. Or maybe just a legend in his own mind. :tongue2:

Betty, good to hear from you. I'm glad you're improving health-wise; you have been through a lot. I have also read the updates about your great- nephew and so glad about his progress, but will continue to pray for that family.

SuperMetricBob is certainly keeping things interesting for his fellow Americans. I'm clueless metrically but we do eventually find out what it means...hehe.

Cooker, hope you're doing better with your breathing and walking.

Laurie, sorry to hear that you were hurt. Hope you're quickly on the mend.

Mary, so you've been vacationing. Did you eat only salads, as the rest of us would have?

Nelson, you probably won't lose much at a time since you're so close to your goal, which sounds like may be the case for CanoeBob.

How is Julian doing?

Just a mid week update. Now 201 lbs, down 2 lbs since Fri and 5 since throwdown start. Stress is doing it, moving. Hope everyone else is looseing too, just not the same way! Bob

Okay, I apologize for this upfront.

What do you get when CanoeBob preaches a sermon from his canoe to SuperBob standing on the beach? A metric conversion.

Okay, I apologize for this upfront.

What do you get when CanoeBob preaches a sermon from his canoe to SuperBob standing on the beach? A metric conversion.

See, Superbob has succeeded in his brilliant scheme to get Throwdowners to start thinking metric. First the Throwdown, tomorrow the world (uh, well, all of America, that is, since the rest of the world already is metric)! :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back