Cooker's Throwdown Friday IV ... 10-14-11

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Old geezer" is a state of mind, irrelevant to the use of knee braces and canes. Therefore, we all know that SB is not, not ever will be, an old geezer. Therefore, the brace and the cane are officially weight training tools and only considered advantages in the race to 11-11-11. Even the name of the race is advantageous to the metric man of steel.

After a weekend with a return trip to the mountains and a night at the SC State Fair I was up so more, surprise, surprise:rolleyes2: ... but I have decide to to go full geezer ... high fiber and mall walking ... can aging get anymore humorous :rolleyes2: ... I was down 1.5 after a day geezering ... we will see how it goes:smile2:

After a weekend with a return trip to the mountains and a night at the SC State Fair I was up so more, surprise, surprise:rolleyes2: ... but I have decide to to go full geezer ... high fiber and mall walking ... can aging get anymore humorous :rolleyes2: ... I was down 1.5 after a day geezering ... we will see how it goes:smile2:

Geezers rule! Good goin', Cooker!

Just wait til SuperGeezerBob has his high tech knee brace and spiffy cane for walking on the beach, with the magnificent chick magnet known as Superdawg! :D;)

Geezers rule! Good goin', Cooker!

Just wait til SuperGeezerBob has his high tech knee brace and spiffy cane for walking on the beach, with the magnificent chick magnet known as Superdawg! :D;)

Guess you'll have to beat them off with a stick, huh?! ; )

Hi

Returned from the doctor, said I look great, could loose more weight if I want. Snapped a sternum wire, thought so back in March, My BP up, for some reason 135/80, and he's schedualing a colonsomy thing (yay!) Got my check out stats from Cardio Rehab, initial results in March, discharge in Sept.

weight initial-231.5 lbs, discharge 196lb (now)
waist initial 42 in., now 38
fasting blood sugar initial 5.3, 5.5 now less than 6 target
total cholestyerol initial 3.59, 3.61 now target less than 4
Triglycerides 1.04 initial, 1.05 now target less than 1.71
HDL good cholesterol initial 1.27, now 1.33 target greater than 1.29
LDL bad cholesterol initial 1.85 now 1.80 target less than 2.0
HDL ratio initial 2.83, now 2.71 target less than 4
BP 110/70
smoking yes and yes-next thing!
stress yes and yes. Don't know if that'll ever get better.

Bob

Hi

Returned from the doctor, said I look great, could loose more weight if I want. Snapped a sternum wire, thought so back in March,

Bob

Now how did that happen - snapping a sternum wire! :eek2: Too much exercising? That'll teach you! I actually am curious to know though. :confused:

I got all checked out this week too. Up (cadiac surgeon) and down (gyno) I'm in pretty good shape for a geezer in training. Actually I went to the surgeon because my sternum pain and general left chest area was still so sore. He didn't find anything wrong - all sounded good and he pushed around some so I guess it all felt good. I am just one of those lucky people that are going to take longer to heal than others. Work has me so stressed out - I'm blaming it on that. I might not be too far off because surgeon said stress is bad for anybody, but particularly one recovering from OHS.

I just have to get my stamina back up is all and stop my whining! Cooker - we are now officially both mall walkers - along with all the other geezers! :biggrin2:

CanoeBob has this so in the bag that Superbob is just munching his way to the finish line.:eek2:

BTW, contrary to the Goat Lady's assertion, Superbob does, too, still have his marbles. ;)

~ Cooker - we are now officially both mall walkers - along with all the other geezers! :biggrin2:

High fiber and mall walking seem to be helping with the weight ... one thing about walking at the mall, it makes me feel young ... I'm definitely the youngest there ... I just wish those old ladies would quit checking me out ... LOL:biggrin2:

High fiber and mall walking seem to be helping with the weight ... one thing about walking at the mall, it makes me feel young ... I'm definitely the youngest there ... I just wish those old ladies would quit checking me out ... LOL:biggrin2:

Yep, you gotta watch those old ladies. I took an aqua therapy class once with a pool full of old ladies (the therapist herself was hot, but that's another story). Anyway, had to guard myself in the pool -- was afraid I'd lose my marbles. :tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

Yep, you gotta watch those old ladies. I took an aqua therapy class once with a pool full of old ladies (the therapist herself was hot, but that's another story). Anyway, had to guard myself in the pool -- was afraid I'd lose my marbles. :tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

"A-groping we will go...a-groping we will go....Hi HO the dairy-o....a-groping we will go."
Better keep that guard on ;)

Aww, I wish I were an old Geezer too, you both seem to get more attention than me and I'm single and skinny. My ex-wife doesn't recognize me anymore, I was something like 270 lb when we split...Other people have said all this heart stuff has taken years off me anyway.

Snapping a sternum wire..One morning in early March, 4 mths into recovery I quickly got out of bed with a twisting motion and a jab of pain from the inside going out (eww!) happened. Stopped for a few minutes, pain subsided, vowed never to do that again and a small little red lump raised up in a week. It didn't hurt anymore so I mostly forgot about it. The skin moves but the lump dosn't. My doctor says nothing to worry about, it dosn't bother you, the sternum itself has fused together and they'll likely fix it the next time they go in- I have a piggy valve so in 15-20yrs...if they do the same proceedure then, who knows. Also found out they used a beating heart technique on me for the surgery, no bi-pass machine required, just mostly dead for 16 minutes ( I keep thinking of the Monty Python Dead Blue Parrot sketch) wilst they did their thing. I truly like finding out stuff after the fact and trust doctors know what they're doing.

Bob

Actually very interesting info CB - including the sternum wire bit. Hmmmm now you have an ex-wife- implying your single again and skinny. What girl can resist that? What a shame you aren't a geezer! :angel:

I am not throwing in the towel to CB. No sirreeee... I might still lose, but I ain't giving up.:tongue2: After appt with surgeon this week and his poking around on me and assuring me all is OK, I am less stressed. I even went to Curves today for the first time since a couple of months before surgery. Felt good a little sore on some machines, but I got through it. Walked the mall at lunch too. Saw lots of old geezers.. This one old couple is there every day and they are always holding hands. Isn't that sweet..:rolleyes: Learning to suck it up and work through the discomfort I'm ready to have my stamina back. CB can inspire me!

Did I mention I now officially hate my new scales.....:mad: maybe they will get better by Friday. See you on the next thread losers!

Latest posts

Back