Cooker's Throwdown Friday IV ... 10-14-11

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
LOL:biggrin2: ... I have succeeded in canceling Canoe Bob's nine pound loss with a nine pound gain:eek2: ... I'm pretty sure this diet thing is toast for TheChimp ... I'm trying to apply the brakes but it's kind of like a Flintstones car heading down I-26 at the Green River Gorge ...

I hope the rest of the Throwdown crowd has had better success ... I will declare that my contribution to the sprint has been setting the bar on the low end ...
It is what it is ... now where did I put that pee-can log, moon pie and chocolate cake??????

Sprint To 11-11-11 Starting Weight: 207.5
This Week: 216.5
Race Stats: +9

Birthday party for DIL with a huge chocolate cake. Lots of nervous eating while pulling for the Redbirds to keep their amazing run going and get into the World Series. Now a grand kiddie appears at door and wants Pop-Pop pancakes. No way Superbob is going to catch CanoeBob going down the weight-losing creek even if SB had supersized paddles. :tongue2:

Nevertheless, Superbob will give his weight in metric tons tomorrow. :thumbup:

Tom, I'm sure glad that we have Someone (that'd be YOU) guiding this Throwdown forum who is unflinchingly honest and direct. I also appreciate the fact that you save your slings and arrows for your own weight loss effort and never make any of us a target of your "tell it like it is" approach:smile2: Good thing, too.:tongue2:

Yes, you've hit a patch of bad going in your battle to lose weight, but you've also kicked the cigarette and nicotine habit along the way. IMHO, that far outweighs the temporary weight loss setback.:smile2:

I bet cooler weather will bring a renewed enthusiasm for your walking routine.
If nothing else, put a speedo on that Chimp body and think about a holiday cruise.
That should do it.:wink2:

Birthday party for DIL with a huge chocolate cake. Lots of nervous eating while pulling for the Redbirds to keep their amazing run going and get into the World Series. Now a grand kiddie appears at door and wants Pop-Pop pancakes. No way Superbob is going to catch CanoeBob going down the weight-losing creek even if SB had supersized paddles. :tongue2:

Nevertheless, Superbob will give his weight in metric tons tomorrow. :thumbup:

Watch it CanoeBob. The Man of Steel might be trying to lull you into a false sense of security. Never underestimate Superbob!

Cooker, I think Mary is right (of course, Mary is right), you've had big successes already and the weight thing will turn around in time. Kudos for your ability to be so honest.

Chocolate cake sounds divine super steel man.

I weighed this morning and will take it. I'm down a tad, losing .2 lbs. this week. I'm at 185.5. I am up 1.1 for the race.

I'll take the above weight since, this week, I consumed two bags of candy corn, a lot of peanuts, potato chips, two burgers (after the three last week), etc. How I didn't gain is a mystery.

Trying something new and it's going to be hard ... I'm taking my lunch to work ... we are in a food co-op and have a plethora of fruits and veggies at home that need to be used ... There are healthy choices at work but I think I just need to really start keeping track of what goes down my throat and if I take the time to fix something I am more likely to put more thought in to it rather than just eating on the fly ... Might as well give it a try, all my other magic bullets have turned out to be blanks:rolleyes2:

I'm up this week, at 138.5

Per WW, that's up .8 from last Friday's WI, but from my Saturday morning low it's up 3.

GRRRRRRR! Really????? I'm exercising all the time and I'm flipping STARVING!!!!!

Maybe if I ate more I'd weigh less?? yeah, right. This new WW program does not seem to be working for me.

Hi Everyone!

I'm sure you don't want to hear this but I'm down another pound this week, 196 is my weigh in. Celebrating with a salad and the last garden tomato...Ranch dressing too, the high fat kind, just because I can. Lets see, 4 more weeks to go..anyone still has a chance to take this thing. I'm off to my doctor on tuesday next week, he may think I'm too skinny and tell me to fatten up.

Bob

I say YaY! Yay a thousand times Yay to all of us for hanging tight together and sharing our ups and downs!!! Literally! :biggrin2: Glad to hear that by the time I logged on to catch-up this week I find that Tom has already devised a new strategy and Mary and I don't have to kick his butt halfway to Sunday:tongue2:. Keeping track of what goes in is a WW staple I believe in. Even if you aren't using points - just to have an idea - it surprisingly adds up. Think just eating healthy- don't' obsess over the scales..

What is with all the hot babe avatars The chimp and SB having a contest?? I think SB wins! Could he even smile any bigger?:cool2:

I have retired my Wheel of fortune scales and bought some new WW brand scales. Like them a lot - especialy since they seem to be close to .5 lb less than the WOF ones. I was a pretty good girl this week.:angel: Down 4.3. Certainly mostly fluid - but sounds good!

Starting weight for Race to 11/11/11: 210.2
Today's weight: 208.6
Loss for race: 1.6

CanoeBob - we always like to share your good news on Weight Loss - we are just jealous! Hope your Doc thinks you're too skinny!!.:tongue2: I"m going to try and give you a run for your money. Now how much do I have to lose to catch-up??:cool:

Last edited:
Monday, October 17th ... been to SC State Fair, consumed all the required Fair food and now off for a walk and back on track .... it would have been a breach of ethics to skip the corn dogs and elephant ears :tongue2:

Monday, October 17th ... been to SC State Fair, consumed all the required Fair food and now off for a walk and back on track .... it would have been a breach of ethics to skip the corn dogs and elephant ears :tongue2:

... and lotsa hot dogs and chips and suds to celebrate the St. Louis Cardinals winning the National League pennant and going to the World Series! GO REDBIRDS! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Superbob wouldn't go anywhere near a set of scales this week except for the fact he has a doctor's appointment today. Ouch! It won't be pretty.

Could be the 11-11-11 Cardinals: winning 11 postseason games to win their 11th world championship and achieving it in the year 2011. So you see Superbob was prescient when he made this the 11-11-11 sprint.;) Yes, they have to win four more games to make the first part of the 11, and that won't be easy because the Texas Rangers have a tremendous team. In fact, they are my favorite AL team, and their high A farm team is right here at the beach. So hope it will be a great World Series but most of all, keep fightin' Redbirds! What a run they made just to get in the playoffs as the NL wild card after being given up as Deadbirds in August.

GO REDBIRDS!!!

... and lotsa hot dogs and chips and suds to celebrate the St. Louis Cardinals winning the National League pennant and going to the World Series! GO REDBIRDS! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Superbob wouldn't go anywhere near a set of scales this week except for the fact he has a doctor's appointment today. Ouch! It won't be pretty.

Could be the 11-11-11 Cardinals: winning 11 postseason games to win their 11th world championship and achieving it in the year 2011. So you see Superbob was prescient when he made this the 11-11-11 sprint.;) Yes, they have to win four more games to make the first part of the 11, and that won't be easy because the Texas Rangers have a tremendous team. In fact, they are my favorite AL team, and their high A farm team is right here at the beach. So hope it will be a great World Series but most of all, keep fightin' Redbirds! What a run they made just to get in the playoffs as the NL wild card after being given up as Deadbirds in August.

GO REDBIRDS!!!

Ditto . . . amen!

At his doctor's office visit today, Superbob weighed the same as at the start of this 11-11-11 event:

0.117480 metric tons (mt) -- or tonnes. ;)

Superbob rests his case (and his achy knees and back and all the rest)...:eek:

Doc is having SB fitted by a home medical-supply company with a special brace for his knee with zero cartilege, and a custom-designed cane. This is in lieu of surgery at this time. Guess this makes SB officially an old geezer. Hey, should SB get bonus points in these competitions like the girlies did? :tongue2::tongue2:

At his doctor's office visit today, Superbob weighed the same as at the start of this 11-11-11 event:

0.117480 metric tons (mt) -- or tonnes. ;)

Superbob rests his case (and his achy knees and back and all the rest)...:eek:

Doc is having SB fitted by a home medical-supply company with a special brace for his knee with zero cartilege, and a custom-designed cane. This is in lieu of surgery at this time. Guess this makes SB officially an old geezer. Hey, should SB get bonus points in these competitions like the girlies did? :tongue2::tongue2:

Heck no - you don't get spotted any bonus points!! With that cane and brace you are bound to have struggle harder meaning even more calories burned!! (Really, I'm sorry you have graduated to geezer - but you are just an apprentice.)

Go Rangers!!!

Latest posts

Back