Cooker's Throwdown Friday III ... 4-13-12

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Getting this started a little late but TheChimp has had a busy day ... I played 18 holes of golf this morning and then clean the roof and trim trees ... DW did not want me on the roof without letting a neighbor know what I was doing but I forgot to call them so I guess I’m in the dog house unless I tell a little white lie if she asks:redface2: ... I have been doing good with exercise but have had a few eating days that have slowed the weight loss ... The banana pudding milk shake is back and one of my jobs is quality control which requires testing, need I say more:rolleyes2: .... I am down a half a pound this week so I guess I’m still going in the right direction ...

The exercise is really helping the way I feel over all but I’m having feet problems and the only thing that helps is Aleve and with warfarin that’s a no-no but I’m not going to live in pain ... I go to the doctor in May to get another A1C so I will ask her for something stronger and if she balks I guess its off to a pediatrist .....

I hope everyone has had a good week and having success on your plan ... it’s absolutely gorgeous in SC and I hope to get a garden going soon ... Have a great week and keep moving!!!

I just read the last two post on last weeks thread and I’m in for a sprint to the 4th!!! ... get your tennies ... the race is on!!!!! ... Starting weights will be this weeks weigh-in if that suits everyone!!!

Red White & Blue Starting weight .... 215.5

I'm up a pound from last week. I had a hard time controlling the portion size over the Easter week-end. I left the candy alone, but I think I felt "entitled" to eat everything else.
I was actually up 3 pounds on Monday, but I have managed to pare it down to one today.
I'm ready to sprint to the Red, White and Blue if everyone else is.

Starting weight: 151.5

Okay, Superbob is IN for the Red, White, and Blue (how could he not be?) :D

His starting weight is: 0

(remember that the superhero defies all the rules of gravity.) :biggrin2:

Superbob's objective is by July 4 to make that number a minus-5. If that's not good enough to win, that will be okay, 'cause it will meet what he promised his doctor. :thumb up:

So his weekly progress will be reported like this:

0 = not budged from the start

-1 = down one pound, net.

+1 = up one pound, net. (yuck!)

etc.

Good luck all Throwdowner s--- and those of you AWOL, COME BACK, COME BACK WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!!

I'm at 138.4 today. Mostly just hanging steady.

Sorry, I'm gone so much, but you can't imagine how busy we are at work with the $5,120,000 gift tax exemption window closing on 12/31/12.

Greetings ... got back with my walking today after 4 days off ... It's hard to walk on weekends and I have been so busy that I just have not had the time or get up and go ... anyway, as I walking this morning I had a little talk with me and told myself excuses were just that, excuses and if I'm going to keep this sugar under control I need to do what I know I need to do ....

The race is on and I hope to be less "rabbit and the hare" about it this time .... so, how's everyone else doing and where is everyone?????

Superbob has been caring for the young Wonderdawg, the yellow lab, the past few days. SB's throwing arm is in great shape 'cause this pooch loves to chase a ball about every half-hour, but the rest of SB's fitness regimen is hit or miss. Also a lot of taking grand kiddies to practices and games. I guess for a guy of advanced age, SB is at least keeping active. As for pounds, I think it's mostly maintenance right now but hope to trim a few along the way.

Anyone heard of a Senior Olympics where a baseball throw is one of the events? SB thinks he could win that one against other old codgers. :thumbup:

I am beginning to come around to reality once again. Don't know what I weigh yet, but I do want to lose between now and July 4. I may get a starting weight by Friday or Saturday. Don't know about Cindy yet. She still overall eats better than I have been. Anyway, sorry for disappearing basically. Denial is not a river in Eqypt, but is a winding river of restaurants in Louisville, Kentucky...hehe.

Well, reality is setting in. It is harder to lose weight than I remember. I am stuck at 182. I am considering joining a gym. Still am eating fat free as much as possible. I wish I could lose weight and eat food that tastes good. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh well will stick with it I reckon, only cause I need too:rolleyes2::cool2:Does anybody got a majic wand that works???:biggrin2::thumbup:

I've had a weird week. My weight was up a week ago Monday which I attributed to a little overeating over the Easter holiday. I got it back down for last week's weigh-in, and I felt confident I would drop below the 150 pound mark over this past week-end.
Well, it didn't happen!:confused2:
I got on the scales this morning, and once again I'm showing a week-end gain of two pounds. We went out of town yesterday, but I stuck to my diet, so I'm at a loss for what's going on. Maybe I'm getting more sodium than what I think when we're eating out?
Whatever it is, I hope I'm under 150 by Thursday/Friday.

Wishing everyone a good weight loss week!:smile2:

I've had a weird week. My weight was up a week ago Monday which I attributed to a little overeating over the Easter holiday. I got it back down for last week's weigh-in, and I felt confident I would drop below the 150 pound mark over this past week-end.
Well, it didn't happen!:confused2:
I got on the scales this morning, and once again I'm showing a week-end gain of two pounds. We went out of town yesterday, but I stuck to my diet, so I'm at a loss for what's going on. Maybe I'm getting more sodium than what I think when we're eating out?
Whatever it is, I hope I'm under 150 by Thursday/Friday.

Wishing everyone a good weight loss week!:smile2:

I know how you feel! I know that when we eat out the salt kicks in and the weight goes up ... I have been having trouble with sugar bindging and it has to stop ... my blood sugar is up and I guess it's off the sugar ... I'm a all or nothing kind of guy so I guess it's nothing:mad2:

I know how you feel! I know that when we eat out the salt kicks in and the weight goes up ... I have been having trouble with sugar bindging and it has to stop ... my blood sugar is up and I guess it's off the sugar ... I'm a all or nothing kind of guy so I guess it's nothing:mad2:

I hear ya about the all or nothing Mr. Chimp, but I swear that it doesn't have to be "nothing" with sugar. I look for ways to moderate -- for example, I use a packet of Splenda on my morning oatmeal, I look for low-sugar or no-sugar added treats like Breyer's ice cream, and perhaps most important I no longer eat nearly a whole pie in one day when DW cooks one. I have a sensible slice and enjoy that slowly. None of the diabetic or pre diabetic info I've read tells me that it's necessary to give up sugar altogether. It's a matter of moderation and avoiding the highs or lows.

I hear ya about the all or nothing Mr. Chimp, but I swear that it doesn't have to be "nothing" with sugar. I look for ways to moderate -- for example, I use a packet of Splenda on my morning oatmeal, I look for low-sugar or no-sugar added treats like Breyer's ice cream, and perhaps most important I no longer eat nearly a whole pie in one day when DW cooks one. I have a sensible slice and enjoy that slowly. None of the diabetic or pre diabetic info I've read tells me that it's necessary to give up sugar altogether. It's a matter of moderation and avoiding the highs or lows.

Bob, I know you are right ... with all the habits TheChimp has taken up and given up over the years moderation has not been one of them:rolleyes2: .... but I will try...

Ok this isn't fair, I gained 1.2 lbs. I thought fat free diet, no carbs etc was suppose to help you lose weight. I am still walking. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, bout ready to just forget the whole deal and eat food that tastes good:rolleyes2::cool2::rolleyes2::thumbd:But I guess I will keep trying, If at first you don't succeed what then??:rolleyes2::thumbup::cool2:

Ok this isn't fair, I gained 1.2 lbs. I thought fat free diet, no carbs etc was suppose to help you lose weight. I am still walking. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, bout ready to just forget the whole deal and eat food that tastes good:rolleyes2::cool2::rolleyes2::thumbd:But I guess I will keep trying, If at first you don't succeed what then??:rolleyes2::thumbup::cool2:

Well, here I am, probably the heftiest person in the TD (of course, there is that steel weight to be considered:p) and I am presuming to offer advice. Anyway, in my understanding, the trick is not to eliminate carbs and fats -- your body needs them both -- but to eat healthy carbs and fats (for one thing, think whole-grain).

Here is a link to a WebMD article that explains it far, far better than Superbob ever could:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/healthy-diet-mistakes

Don't give up! We ALL are fighting the battle in our various ways. :thumbup:

Latest posts

Back