Cooker's Throwdown Friday III ... 12-2-11

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings!! ... I hope that everyone is well and has had a good week!! Things are good in Chimpville just BUSY! ... I have added three pounds to my profile but being as I learned the yo-yo from Duffey I'm sure it will come off pretty easily:rolleyes2:

Crazy week going on so don't expect me to be active for a few days ... I will pop in when I can but I know I will be scarce but there is no need for concern!!! May your pounds disappear like my money in an ice cream shop:biggrin2:

Holiday Maintenance Start Weight: 222.0
Last Week: 216.0
This Week: 219.0 :tongue2:

Superbob did some aqua exercise yesterday, but unfortunately his knee hurt during the night. Will try to get the walks in today. Going to see orthopedist Monday.

Will weigh tomorrow. Expecting at least to maintain.

Cheers...

Not to be outdone by Superbob, I also jumped into a warm water therapy pool this morning. It wasn't because I was super motivated though. I had to have blood work drawn at the nearby hospital at 7am, so I figured, why not?:wink2:
Along with the blood draw, I was weighed, measured (height and waist circumference) and subjected to a flexibility assessment. None of it was good.:mad2:
MAYBE I'll weigh tomorrow.:rolleyes2:

Last edited:
Not to be outdone by Superbob, I also jumped into a warm water therapy pool this morning. It wasn't because I was super motivated though. I had to have blood work drawn at the nearby hospital at 7am, so I figured, why not?:wink2:
Along with the blood draw, I was weighed, measured (height and waist circumference) and subjected to a flexibility assessment. None of it was good.:mad2:
MAYBE I'll weigh tomorrow.:rolleyes2:

Pre-7 a.m. swim?! Are you sure that wasn't just an extension of the post-midnight nekkid swim? :biggrin2:

I'm up 1 lb from 11/11/11.
BUT WW rolled out its new plan today. I KNEW I needed to reduce my daily points! The plan from last December just hasn't been working for me, as I'm up 4 or 5 from last December. Blech.
Back to the straight and narrow, now that all the ice cream is gone.

Superbob has been a (pretty) good boy, :angel: and the weight remains unchanged. :thumbup: Wicked Tai Chi massage this afternoon (actually perfectly legit) and that may have rubbed away a few more pounds. :D

Orthopedic surgeon Monday -- very anxious to see what he recommends for SB's long-term mobility (land variety, not counting air time). Superbob is determined not to end up pushing a walker or riding in a wheelchair. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

This week I held steady, a surprise given the weeks turn of events.

weight on 11/11 - 195
this week - 196

I think my body wants to stay in that range, regardless of the circumstances I go through. On Wednesday I did something I shouldn't, lifting weight repetativly which flared up my RA in my wrists. Things are still not good but they are improving. Didn't eat on Thursday, couldn't even butter toast. Pain level is down, I can type with lots of resting between words. I see my Rheuatologist on the 7th.

SuperBob - Tai Chi was the best exercise I ever found if there is a Master in your area. I did it for several years in the 90's and got down to the weight I am now then. Gave up and thats when I got real fat - 270lb worth. 2004 was a scary year. I still do it on my own,,not as much as I like to. The gentle exercise increases my dexterity, strength and physical grace, it works every muscule in the body. Never got bored with it like the gym.

Take care everybody, remember NOT to do things you shouldn't

Bob

Superbob, hope you get answers you like at your appointment today.:smile2:

We had a busy week-end, but the scales look about the same this morning. No walks since Friday night due to copious amounts of rainfall.:mad2:

Superbob, hope you get answers you like at your appointment today.:smile2:

We had a busy week-end, but the scales look about the same this morning. No walks since Friday night due to copious amounts of rainfall.:mad2:

Thanks for asking, Mary. :smile2:

Good news: my right knee has some mileage left; might last rest of my lifetime.

Bad news: my left knee "is shot." Utterly. Prime candidate for replacement.

First, at doc's suggestion, we are going to try five weekly shots of hyaluronic acid injections, which are supposed to lubricate the knees. Taking the injections in both knees. This substance is made of -- get this -- rooster combs; so they are unofficially called "rooster comb injections." Google it if you don't believe me. :p Doc says these shots help in about 70 percent of cases. Usually takes 3 weeks or so to notice any difference.

Took first injections this morning and so far I don't notice any side-effects --- "cock-a-doodle-do! :tongue2:

Likelihood is that the roosterization of Superbob won't help much ('cause how is a rooster comb going to replace cartilage?) and we'll proceed to the knee replacement. Sounds not too daunting -- maybe 3-4 days in hospital, then a week of home therapy (hopefully with a hot nurse :thumbup: ) and then out-patient physical therapy which I should be able to drive myself to, since it's the left knee, not the right knee that will be on the mend.

None of this will help the spinal stenosis, but I am hopeful that with two working knees and The Throwdown! I will be able to lose some serious weight, which will relieve pressure on the lumbar region. That's my game plan anyway! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Thanks for asking, Mary. :smile2:

Good news: my right knee has some mileage left; might last rest of my lifetime.

Bad news: my left knee "is shot." Utterly. Prime candidate for replacement.

First, at doc's suggestion, we are going to try five weekly shots of hyaluronic acid injections, which are supposed to lubricate the knees. Taking the injections in both knees. This substance is made of -- get this -- rooster combs; so they are unofficially called "rooster comb injections." Google it if you don't believe me. :p Doc says these shots help in about 70 percent of cases. Usually takes 3 weeks or so to notice any difference.

Took first injections this morning and so far I don't notice any side-effects --- "cock-a-doodle-do! :tongue2:

Likelihood is that the roosterization of Superbob won't help much ('cause how is a rooster comb going to replace cartilage?) and we'll proceed to the knee replacement. Sounds not too daunting -- maybe 3-4 days in hospital, then a week of home therapy (hopefully with a hot nurse :thumbup: ) and then out-patient physical therapy which I should be able to drive myself to, since it's the left knee, not the right knee that will be on the mend.

None of this will help the spinal stenosis, but I am hopefully that with two working knees and The Throwdown! I will be able to lose some serious weight, which will relieve pressure on the lumbar region. That's my game plan anyway! :thumbup:

Rooster combs . . . . hmmmmmmmm. Can't wait to hear what the Chimp has to say about that!:tongue2:
Did it hurt getting the shots in your knees?:eek2:

Rooster combs . . . . hmmmmmmmm. Can't wait to hear what the Chimp has to say about that!:tongue2:
Did it hurt getting the shots in your knees?:eek2:

Just a little when he starting doing the right knee. He told me to let him know when it hurt because it's not supposed to. (That's contrary to all my previous experience with long needles, but I'll take his word for it. :D

Yep, I am eagerly awaiting The Chimp's reaction. Maybe he'll anoint me an honorary Gamecock. :cool:

Sounds like everyone is doing fairly well. Superbob, glad to hear that there is a plan in place to take care of your more than pesky knee. Rooster comb! Interesting. You never know what they'll inject into us next huh?

Cindy's weight last Friday was 153. I think that's up from 11-11-11 but not sure. I know I'm up and by how much, but nobody else does. ; )

2 days before first weigh in on the new WW program, and I've lost close to 3 lbs! TA DA! down to 136.2 today, the scale read 134.9 on Monday after walking/starving/shivering/agility trial all weekend, but I knew that wouldn't last.

See, there IS no room for cheese with the soup at lunch or potatos with the hamburger and bun at dinner, or chocolates at the office. I knew it, but the WW program required me to eat more points, so I ate them! Now that they modified it, the weight is starting to go.

Latest posts

Back